Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New here....

Dec 05, 2015 9:29 PM

I have fibromyalgia (which no one thinks is real), arthritis, carpal tunnel in both wrists, restless leg syndrome, degenerative disk disease, migraines, IBS, depression, 2 heart implants, nerve pain, liver tumors, hypothyroidism and I think I forgot some stuff. I used to work 60hr weeks but now I struggle to do anything. I've had people tell me "you look fine"...and I want to scream. Today I had to work 10hrs, I barely made it home. I can't move, I'm in horrible pain and even my ex boyfriend who just left me...doesn't believe how much pain I'm in. I have no energy, and by 3pm I'm completely exhausted. I can't do anything but liedown. It's so depressing.

Dec 05, 2015 9:56 PM

I feel for you. People just don't belevie it when people are in pain, I guess if you can't see the pain then they don't believe it. I hope you are getting some professional help. I too am in pain in my family can't believe it because they can't see it as well. I keep a journal on a daily basis of what I go through and I finally shared that with my family yesterday and they were in disbelief. I don't know if things will change but it felt good to share my written feelings with the other members of my family. I do get professional help and it seems to work most of the time but sometimes the pain is just too much.

Dec 06, 2015 12:30 AM

Hey,
That sounds pretty bad, but a bunch of your dx are similar to mine, and I was wondering...have you heard of RSD?
I don't know, just the combo of carpal tunnel and nerve pain made me think of it. u Definitely understand how bad pain can be, and especially in the joints or wrists. Last year I couldn't write, walk, move my hands, or even wipe my own butt cuz the wrist and full body pain got so bad.
I'd try DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide) if you can find it, it's technically an industrial solvent bit in the US you can find it at farm stores, in the horse medications section.
One other thing that helps is "hot hemp" which had menthol and whatever form of mj, I can never remember all the different names, sorry. It just helps the nerves stop hurting, while DMSO Z makes it so I can continue life with a semblance of normal.
All I can say is research, and keep trying meds, supplements, etc.
Since you're hypothyroid, you could add seaweed to your diet, and also have thyroid meds. I take a supplement called Raw Thyroid that's the actual tissue from animals.
You sound kinda like me, exhausted by 3 but school goes until 4. I have caffeine in the mornings.

Dec 06, 2015 5:30 AM

Thank you both! It's nice to get to hear that I'm not alone in this. Even though I truly don't wish this on anyone, and am really sorry your going through this too. I appreciate the advice.

Dec 07, 2015 8:07 PM

Welcome to our community Madre! I'm so sorry to hear you're hurting so badly. I was in the same pain last year at this time. Other than the liver tumors & heart implants we share the other symptoms. I had a pelvic tumor removed in 2010, which caused pelvic floor dysfunction & pelvic congestion syndrome, both which led to further problems including fibromyalgia. Then this year I was dx with dementia, sjogrens, hypothyroidism, and vestibular Neuronitis that causes dizziness & imbalance. The rheumy doc started me on Plaquenil for the sjogrens and it dropped my pain from a daily avg 7-8 to a 3-4, including the fibro pain.

I can no longer work though I miss it very much. It's been a long time since I've worked 10 hour days, and I was very healthy then. My heart goes out to you because I remember the aches and tiredness, and I can't imagine doing that under all the issues you & I, and many here, go through daily. I remember doing gentle stretches in the warm shower just so my back wouldn't freeze up; I have had spine problems since 1992. Maybe you can try that before work every day.

The community is filled with great, caring, understanding members, and we all share chronic pain. I oppose you feel welcome and settle in, offering your input and suggestions. We can all share and learn from each other. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! 🙏🌼

Dec 08, 2015 5:47 AM

Thank you FlappysLady. I am very happy that I've found a place where people understand. However, I truly wish no one else had to go through any of this.

Dec 08, 2015 8:35 PM

I think several of us have said the same thing. It's sad actually, but if you think of the Children's Miracle Network, those children all understand each other's struggles better than anyone else does, and it creates a bond between them, like us. 🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community