Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New here

Jun 15, 2016 7:14 AM

Hi everyone. I am new here. A member of a Facebook support group that I am part of recommended this app. So far I think its great.

Jun 15, 2016 7:23 AM

Welcome! You might want to tell everyone a little about yourself and your chronic pain stuff etc. Lots of loving people use this app. Love and Blessings,Terri

Jun 15, 2016 7:48 AM

I have bilateral Trigeminal neuralgia. This is a nerve condition that originates in the brain and causes severe pain in either side of the face. I am also currently recovering from brain surgery.

Jun 15, 2016 8:34 AM

Oh my goodness! You are a WARRIOR!!! I suffer with daily chronic cervical/thoracic /rib cage pain,numbess,increasing weakness, and bilateral hip pain . I also have psoriasis arthritis. So, sometimes I do rather well, however the last two months have been agony. So, I have reached out to my friends here at Catchmypain because I felt emotionally drained and my depression hit a huge wall. You are definitely welcome here and talk about whatever is happening, or questions....there is a wealth of knowledge,experience, strength, and hope here. Thanks for replying. How have you been doing lately? LOVE and Blessings,Terri

Jun 15, 2016 8:35 AM

I wish we could edit our post , when I said I reached out to my friends here , I meant to type I have not been reaching out to my friends....

Jun 15, 2016 9:14 AM

Welcome! What was your brain surgery for? Is the bilateral trigeminal neuralgia related? So glad you have found this group. This community is amazing!

Jun 15, 2016 9:26 AM

The surgery was for the trigeminal neuralgia. It had not helped unfortunately. But its early to tell. Wow that is a lot to deal with. I'm sorry to hear that.

Jun 15, 2016 9:51 AM

I'm so sorry the surgery did not help. I have CRPS/RSD and have read that the quality of pain is similar to trigeminal neuralgia, as they are both neuropathic by nature. We are here for you!

Jun 15, 2016 3:07 PM

Welcome to our community family SarasotaFlorida! Ive had trigeminal neuralgia since 1998, taking a bad fall, which caused the back of my skull to strike concrete floors twice. I couldn't imagine having it on both sides! I hope as time passes your surgery will prove to be beneficial. My TN causes migraines at times. I have many chronic pain issues but today I'm struggling through fibromyalgia & sjogrens flares. This community is where I've learned about supplements, like vit D3 & Magnesium, as well as relaxation techniques. Hopefully you'll find new coping methods too. Hugs & prayers! 🙂💕🙏🌼

Jun 15, 2016 4:05 PM

Thank you for the warm welcoming. I've found everyone here to be very supportive. TN is a very hard condition to have but I'm hopefully the surgery will help. So far I feel it hasn't helped but maybe too soon to tell. I'm sad to hear you have it as well. As well as other conditions it must be exhausting. I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about natural remedies.

Jun 15, 2016 6:23 PM

There are a lot of members here that do more homeopathic treatments. I'm learning a lot from them. A physical therapist told me to get lavender oil to rub on muscle knots. I haven't been able to find it yet, but I'm willing to try it for the fibromyalgia.

Jun 15, 2016 6:27 PM

Be very careful with lavander oil. There are several cheap imitations, make sure you get the real stuff.
Also only use a couple drops of lavander total. Definitely mix it with a carrier oil.
Lavander can cause severe headaches.

Jun 15, 2016 6:30 PM

Gotobef, is there a brand I should look for?

Jun 15, 2016 6:45 PM

Would t be okay to put the lavender oil on my face?

Jun 15, 2016 6:52 PM

Welcome SarasotaFlorida! By the mane I take it that is where you are from. My heart call's Florida home but living in the natural state, I live with Sjogren's Syndrome and Migraines bulging and or hurniated disc in my back. I also suffer sever cramping basically down right sharp pains pains when my friend visits because of essure coils, never had the problem till then, took me 11 years to get a doctor who would listen to me and now I have a surgery date for July 29th. I also have hypothyroidism. My days get pretty interesting with 2 teenagers and a special needs child. But I somehow manage to make it through my day because of my pain family. They are loving and supportive and caring people who are here without judgement and do really care for one another. Welcome!

Jun 15, 2016 6:54 PM

Oh my, you sure are dealing with a lot. You are a warrior. Yes im on Florida. There is so much going on in florida right now on the news . Its very sad.

Jun 15, 2016 7:22 PM

I don't have a brand. I would just make sure to buy it from an aromatherapy store and not walmart. I have one I got from rocky mountain soap company and i can't put more than 4 drops in my bath with the window open or i get a headache from it. I don't use it at all of i can't open the window and i never put it on my skin directly.
I would try not on the face first and see if you have a skin reaction to it first and if you can handle it. If you do put it on your face watch your eyes, nose, mouth and ears. Most essential oils are not pure and still have trace amounts of chemicals from processing. The ones that are pure (you can eat them) are stupid expensive.
I use japanese mint oil on my muscles. Its strong, very strong. It increases circulation and has a cooling effect. It helps with the pain temporarily. If i put it on my face my eyes water and my nose runs. Great for headaches. But that one my boyfriend can't handle so i have to air the room out if i apply it.

Jun 15, 2016 7:26 PM

Great idea! I've also heard that peppermint oil is helpful for pain. Have you ever tried it?

Jun 15, 2016 8:16 PM

I have some. It's good, i don't use it verty often. I have it at work because the smell isn't as strong as the japanese mint. I bought a blend from saje called peppermint halo and it's great, it's ment for headaches and migraines but I use it for everything. Too much too often and it starts to burn so i have to attempt to wash some off with cool water before i apply again.

Jun 15, 2016 8:20 PM

Peppermint Halo Ingredients --
medicinal ingredients: mentha piperita (peppermint), eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus), melaleuca cajuputi (cajeput), rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary), lavandula angustifolia (lavender), vetiveria zizanioides (vetiver).

Jun 15, 2016 11:59 PM

Thank You Gotobef, I'll be looking that up for my Migraines, I hate taking medication that only works half of the time.

Jun 16, 2016 6:07 AM

I find that if i use it it'll calm thing down enough the meds have a chance to work. I find it lays about half an hour, but i also wait too long before i try anything

Jun 17, 2016 12:52 PM

This week I had been waking up everyday with a Migraine so I am willing to try just about anything other medications with acetaminophen in it, it's bad enough to have a disease that could attack your organs I don't want medications to help it along. I have been looking at the site and when the first roll's around I will be purchasing the headache remedy. I will let you know how it goes.

Jun 17, 2016 2:47 PM

I hope it helps

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community