Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New here

Jul 14, 2016 8:31 PM

Hi there, I'm new here. My name is Kayl and I have just begun the diagnostic process after suffering with my symptoms for about 3 years. I was diagnosed with IBS 2 years ago and just got diagnosed with GERD. 1 year ago was psychogenic nonepileptic seizures and chronic migraines. I'm seeing a rheumo for the first time on August 1st to address my chronic pain. I was in the ER two times this past weekend because it was so bad. The second time I got a shot of Feldene which helped for that night and got prescribed Voltaren. It worked okay up until today. That's only 4 days and I got a two week supply! I'll keep taking it, of course. But at this point my pain is very debilitating and I'm just looking for support.

Jul 14, 2016 10:38 PM

Sorry you're in such pain. Ask about lupus and RA testing when you see the Rheumatologist

Jul 15, 2016 2:13 AM

Hello sweetie ⚘ nice to meet u... welcome to the community.
Sorry to hear u had a crappy weekend...lets hope u can gain some backup here and learn some coping skills to deal with this time in ur jourmey.
Read up on past relavant threads... and ask lots of questions, & we will try to answer them. Above all use this app to track ur pain etc so u have something to show ur doctors.

Hugs 🤗

Jul 15, 2016 8:36 AM

Welcome! I'm sorry you're in so much pain. It's a never-ending journey, it seems. HUGS!!! 💖😊

Jul 15, 2016 2:39 PM

Hello Kayl, welcome to the app community. I can totally empathize with you about your pain. I don't have IBS,but I do have GERD. Also
Severe nerve pain with DDD, OA, sciatica and scoliosis chronic pain Synd.
This is a good place for good pain management tools & caring folks who understand your pain! 🙂

Aug 08, 2016 3:03 PM

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and hypermobility syndrome last Monday. Finally some answers! I'll be starting physiatry soon.

Aug 13, 2016 3:14 AM

Welcome painedbutpushingon! I'm sorry you're hurting, but very glad you're getting answers. I have IBS-C, GERD, & fibromyalgia, among other things. I had surgery in May for a hiatal hernia, acid reflux & Barrett's esophagus. The GI doc said the hernia was helping produce the GERD which was causing the barretts. They did a fundoplication to wrap the stomach around the esophagus (to protect from erosion and hopefully prevent Barrett's esophagus going into cancer). I've had zero GERD symptoms since the surgery. He said my acid reflux levels were off the charts (shown by an EGD & Bravo test). I'm now recuperating from C3 disc fusion. I was concerned it would cause a flare but so far I'm fine. It's hard to use my tablet right now, but I'll post some links on fibro you can check out. Hugs love & prayers you can find methods that help you to cope better! 🙂💕🙏🌸

http://www.fibrocenter.com/pain-symptoms?%3Fsource=google&HBX_PK=s_%20chronic%20neck%20%20pain&HBX_OU=50&o=34114361%7C212731527%7C0&skwid=43700003232680884

Aug 13, 2016 3:42 AM

Hello sorry to hear of all your going through fingers crossed you get the answers soon! Im just in the process of getting diagnosed myself i see the Rheumatiod in november.
X

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community