Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

New. Member

Jun 29, 2015 4:58 PM

My story:After working for a financial company as a administrator and got very ill, I was medically boarded, we had to find an alternative income as my husband was also retrenched we started a small petshop from home. Two years ago I started getting these seizures I was rushed off to hospital. They thought I had a heart attack I was then told that it's irrithmea the seizures continued some times twice a week I would find myself in hospital. Every Dr.had a different finding but then I was treated for more then a year for depression, bipolar 2 and two kinds of epilepsy then I was referred to a neurologist who did two Lumpur punches 6 months a part a whole lot of blood test then told me I have RA with a factor showing up in my blood. The seizure still on continued I went for scio treatment and a full brain function test was done then I got told due to the RA the sirculation in the hemisphere of the brain is not working properly and that they stopped a stroke. I find that this illness apart from the pain everyday attacks my immune system more and more everyday, I just recovered from a cold who turned in to brongitis and pneumonia. On my last Scio treatment I was also informed that osteoclerosis in the jaw and the beginning of osteoporosis has been found today is the 29th of June 2015 saw a rheumatologist today for the first time and when I told her about the seizures she told me RA does not cause seizures, she did a clinical examination and told me that I have FM and not RA to me this sounds like a horror movie I have been dealing with the fact for the past year and a half that I have RA and now this. It's just to much to cope with.

Most days I find myself in a lot of pain in the hips shoulders and arms, every day it's something new some new allergy or a new pain. It's worse when fatigue sets in as well. I am at the stage of being tired of being tired.

Jun 30, 2015 8:42 AM

AnnaMarie, welcome to our community! I'm very sorry you're going through all this. I truly understand the frustration & depression that comes with the ever-changing health issues. You are in the right place for compassion, understanding & empathy of your medical conditions. We all suffer chronic pain, and like you and me, most suffer from a large group of disorders. We are able to be compassionate & supportive to each other without judgement, and to question, vent, cry, or share joy together.

I won't go into my long history of med issues, but this year alone I've been diagnosed with Sjogrens, hypothyroidism, dementia & (unknown cause) tremors, imbalance, osteopenia & neuropathies. I worked until 2010 at a good paying job, but a multitude of diagnoses, following major surgery, has found me living day to day. We had to adjust our finances, but thankfully my husband is very healthy. I went from 5 daily & 15 as needed meds to taking 15 daily meds (some multiple times, and still the as needed ones). The best thing I did was get under a rheumy doc and a endocrine doc.

If you aren't aware of this already, fibromyalgia usually goes along with other med issues as well. And the same goes for auto immune issues. You may start with one but later develop others. Many of my different issues are connected to my fibro & auto immune diseases. And it gets very frustrating to gain a new one, especially if it's of unknown cause (my tremors). I'm being sent to Mayo to try and find out why. I read the ride the most.

This community is where I gain support and knowledge the most. I hope you find it as helpful too. I will add you to my prayers. I hope you have a good day! 🙏🌼

Jun 30, 2015 10:27 AM

AnnaMarie, welcome to our community family!! Flappsy really said it all. I hope that you find comfort and support here with us. At any given time, one or more of us is just a keystroke away. All the best! 💕🙏🏻🌺

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community