Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Dec 04, 2016 4:14 PM

Just found this app and I thínk i'm going to love it! I need a pain diary for my physio, pain managment, gp and as evidence for an esa appeal. This is going to cover it!

Dec 04, 2016 4:39 PM

Hi CurlyWurly....I love that chocolate bar!!!....welcome to the community from on brit to another.
That was my main reason for signing up here nearly 2 months ago now and I put in my appeal for ESA 2 weeks ago. I started this log when I put in my mandatory reconsideration which came back that they wouldn't change the outcome so now I've done the appeal. Citizens Advice have helped me a lot with all the paperwork and they've been amazing and very helpful to me.
On a side note my GP and pain clinic nurse found the app very useful as well for tracking both my mood and pain levels so it's a win all round!

The people on here are very supportive of each other, I would say we're more like a family. There's no judgements just like minded people all trying to live with the many conditions we have (some live with more than one condition as some people have overlapping conditions).
This app has many people from across the world so you may find people won't respond as quickly depending on their time zomes.

Which is your battle? Mine is with trigeminal neuralgia, anxiety and depression and probably I'll soon be dx with PTSD.

I hope you have a good night with little pain xx

Dec 04, 2016 5:10 PM

Thank you 😃 I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, anxiety, Depression, chronic fatigue.

It's like a shopping list! Really struggling at the moment with anxiety and depression, So I feel this record writing will be theraputic for me. Fingers crossed

Dec 04, 2016 6:14 PM

Welcome CurlyWurly to the community.

Dec 04, 2016 10:42 PM

Welcome! You'll love it here!

Dec 05, 2016 4:33 AM

Yes I know how you feel with the anxiety and depression, my anxiety is soo bad that I can't go into a supermarket on my own atm, so I wait for my 10yr daughter to come out of school and then get shopping. It's not ideal as you can imagine that when kids see something they like they pester you until you say yes and at the moment I'm really struggling to say no because when I'm in the shop I just want to get out as quickly as possible.

I've found that when my pain is high my anxiety is high and my mood is low, when my anxiety is high my pain is high and my mood is low and when my mood is low my anxiety and pain are both high. It's a never ending cycle at the moment!

Oh on a side note I apologise for my earlier post on here as after rereading it it's a bit jumbled, I'd not long taken my night meds before but you get the gist of what I mean!!!

Hoping you have a pain free day xx

Dec 05, 2016 4:52 AM

Welcome!
Not been here long and love it as well.

It's a great place to vent rant cry and laugh.

Fibromyalgia, chronic back pain/nerve damage, PTSD, general anxiety and some depression to round everything out!

Dec 05, 2016 8:26 PM

Welcome Curlywurly!!! I hope you find the community a helpful place for support and information as well as a great tool for journaling information for your doctors!!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community