Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Dec 31, 2017 3:21 PM

Hi everyone. I’m just starting my journey with this chronic pain issue I’ve been dealing with for over a year now. I finally broke down and realized this keeps getting worse, not better, so I made an appointment with my primary care physician. She has referred me to a rheumatologist after the labs she drew came back normal. The rheumatologist can’t see me until the end of November, 2018 though.. I’m feeling very hopeless at this point but I’m trying to keep my head up. I’m hoping this app will allow me to track my pain until I can see someone who can figure out what’s going on.

Dec 31, 2017 5:14 PM

Welcome to our community Seekingpeace. Like you, I live with chronic pain that I've had for the past 9 years and that is yet to be diagnosed. The only lab test I've had is RA factor, which was negative. Everyone in this pain community are amazing people and very supportive. I hope that through using this app, you'll be able to find a support system and I hope this app helps you to track your pain so that you can eventually get a diagnosis. :)

Dec 31, 2017 6:18 PM

Welcome to the community seekingpeace. I'm sorry you have chronic pain. It's to bad you have to wait so long to see a rheumatologist. I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis diagnosed by a rheumatologist. Does heat help your pain? Soak in hot tub with 1-2 cups of Epsom salt. Use heating pad or electric blanket. Hope this helps.

Jan 01, 2018 2:48 AM

Welcome to the group seekingpeace, May I ask why so long to get you in to see a rheumatologist? I myself suffer from Sjogrens Syndrome and Osteoarthritis and Lupus. I believe the faster you can get in and get treatment the better. If you ever need someone to just listen please feel free to message me, I may not post much but, I'm still here reading posts and praying for all of you here.

Jan 01, 2018 8:48 AM

Hi! You should find a Rheumatologist who can see you sooner! That's ridiculous to wait a year almost. My Neurologist was the first to diagnose me. I went to Cleveland Clinic to have it confirmed (second opinion) then I got referred to a local Rheumatologist. I never heard waiting almost a year! You shouldn't have to suffer that long.

Jan 02, 2018 5:19 AM

Thank you everyone! I see my regular doctor again today so I’ll be letting her know that the rheumatologist cannot get me in until November. I’m hoping she can refer me to some other places who could see me faster, even if I have to travel out of my area.

Jan 02, 2018 12:38 PM

Welcome seekingpeace
I've multiple chronic pain issues....we're here for you anytime....my quotes

Jan 31, 2018 1:07 PM

Welcome @seekingpeace I'll see if they have any cancellations coming up so I'll be able to get an earlier appt

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community