Dear Pain Companion and CatchMyPain Community,
For those who don't know me yet: I am a chronic pain patient myself and the CEO and co-founder of Sanovation, the startup company which develops the CatchMyPain and Pain Companion apps.
I'd like to inform you about a major Pain Companion app update which we have just released and which you can get from the Google Play Store. It contains new features, improvements and a couple of changes as well.
Before going into detail about the new update, I'd like to remind you that Pain Companion is only available on Android phones (e.g. Samsung, HTC) so far. BUT the iPhone version is coming soon. It's a matter of weeks now... You can use your CatchMyPain account to login into Pain Companion and all your diary entries and posts will be there too.
Ok, let’s dive into the details about the new Pain Companion update:
- We have introduced a chart which visualizes the course of your pain, mood, stress and fatigue.
- You can now create an individual pain drawing for each diary entry
- You can enter your diagnoses / medical conditions
- We have removed the time line concept and the according activities because we had a couple of technical difficulties with this feature and we would have to generate a lot more content to make this really work. I don’t know yet when we will be able to continue working on this part. Everybody who has purchased additional activities should have received a refund by now.
- We have reintroduced the home stream which contains a selection of discussion topics
- Last but not least, the Pain Companion app and all the available features are now free of charge. At some point in time we will probably introduce new premium features, but all the currently available features will remain free of charge for you forever. All those who have purchased a subscription earlier and paid for features which are now for free, can ask for a refund using the feedback form in the app (at the bottom of the navigation). Just send us a short message asking for a refund. But of course you can also choose to not get a refund and consider the subscription a donation to support the development of our apps ;-)
As I mentioned above, the Pain Companion app will be available on iPhones soon. Those who have an Android phone should go get the new update right now to enjoy the new features and changes ;-)
Please let us know what you think about the new version by answering to this post or by sending feedback using the "provide feedback" form inside the app. We are looking forward to reading your comments!
PS: In a few weeks, you will be able to find patients who have the same medical conditions like you and who have a pain pattern similar to yours. Therefore, make sure to enter your medical conditions, so we can start preparing the list of similar patients for you.