Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Newb

May 06, 2017 4:45 AM

Hi everyone , my name is Nicola and I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
I could even pronounce it at first that's how little I know about this.
I'm 43 and am in chronic pain , still working but it's a struggle.
Reason I am on here is I am hoping you will all help me learn about this illness and guide me through.
I need to make some
Lifestyle changes and this is Day 1 of writing everything down as my memory is so bad at the min.
I hope this app will help me .
X

May 06, 2017 7:07 AM

Welcome to our Hamlet...if you perused the topics and looked in, you'll see we discuss and try to help each other, how ever we can.
There is a topic of helpful hints that you might want to check out. Things we've had to do to adapt to our new life...
I think you'll discover, you chose the right app ๐Ÿ˜‰
Pull up a comfy chair, blankie, pillows, furry critters, beverage of choice and relax into the world of "misfits" from around the world (only English speaking--no translators) ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ good days out weigh the bad
All my best, Hugs

May 06, 2017 9:20 AM

Thanx , I will get comfy and have a read through x

May 06, 2017 9:27 AM

Hi, my name is Anna, I just got diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 33, so I'm right there with you Nicola, maybe we can help each other๐Ÿ˜

May 06, 2017 10:13 AM

Hi Nicola and Anna. Welcome to the community. We all have different diagnosis but all have chronic pain. I have fibro too. I was dx in 2008. I am still learning though.

May 06, 2017 10:05 PM

Welcome Nicola & Anna!

May 07, 2017 2:46 AM

Hi Anna ,
I think it's good to know there are people out there who we can talk to who actually get what we are saying :)
Before I was diagnosed with this I used to say to people ' I used to be intelligent now it's like my head is cloudy '
Now know what that means but used to her so frustrated because I didn't understand what was going on.
And thank you for the warm
Welcome from
Everyone x

May 07, 2017 7:40 AM

Yes, I totally get it, the brain fog, the not being able to do simple things anymore, just the other day I got so frustrated with myself because it hurt my thumb so much that I couldn't even open my shampoo bottle to wash my hair, in my head I was like "seriously?!!?", but after taking a deep breath I just used a towel and opened it...lol, but yes... we are not alone, and we all just need some love and compassion and an ear to listen๐Ÿ’–

May 07, 2017 8:17 AM

Talk about being in a fog! I was getting comfy to respond and somehow posted the "non-post" I tried to edit, but it came back!
(WARNING LONG STORY--BUT HOPE YOU GET A LAUGH)

I think I started off with, "what did I come in here for" and passed it off as I wasn't thinking about task or had too many other things going on...But we know different now....

I had gone back to my hometown after being away for many years and a long time friend was taking me around showing me changes...he said over by airport (we have crop dusters, but I never considered it an airport too--since 15mins away is MAJOR AIRPORT!)
Later that day I was to have dinner with my college pal and her hubby...she said let's meet by the airport...I said let me follow you, I'm not sure where that is..As we're driving down freeway, and I realize she's headed for the County Airport...I started laughing and wondered about conversation she and hubby were having..๐Ÿ™ˆI called her and said...DUH...airport!
It was a good laugh, but I really was confused...
I wonder how many of us have those moments...it's kind of scary...yes?

May 08, 2017 7:26 AM

Guys , how do I stop this craving for sweet stuff :(
Does anyone else get this

May 08, 2017 7:32 AM

I get it all the time! Every day I have sweets. I don't have any advice cuz when I don't have candy in the candy dish I go for the chocolate chips! If I just cut THAT out every day I know I'd feel better. Maybe lose some weight too. Grrrrr!

May 08, 2017 10:37 AM

It's a viscous circle . Trying to be healthy and make changes but the need for something sweet even after breakfast sets me back :(.
Glad I'm not the only one Frustrated

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community