Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Oct 25, 2015 9:37 PM

Hi All
I AM NEW TO THE GROUP . BEEN MAKING SMALL COMMENTS .I STARTED HAVING SYMPTOMS IN 2010
STARTED WITH CHEST PAINS .I WAS WORKING IN SURGERY AT A HOSPITAL UPSTAIRS. SO I WAS RUSHED DOWN STAIRS TO EMERGENCY ROOM . DR THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK .WAS ADMITTED IN THE HOSPITAL. HAD ALL KIND OF TEST DONE .EVERYTHING CAME BACK NEGATIVE BUT I WAS IN PAIN.. (LONG STORY SHORT) WENT BSCK TO WORK SYSRTED HAVIN ALL KINDS OF BODY PAIN .
NUMBNESS ,STIFFNESS, SWELLING IN HANDS ,LEGS FINGERS,TOES ALMOST PARALYZED ON MY LEFT SIDE . SAW PAIN MANAGEMENT DR, PHYSICAL THERAPIST,. NO DIAGNOSIS .BEEN ON ALL TYPES OF PAIN MEDICATION . I HAVE MADE A NUMBER A TRIPS TO.THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND HAS HAD MY SHARE OF STAY IN THE HOSPITAL. THEY EVEN HAD ME TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST. HE TOLD THEM THAT IT WAS NOT IN MY HEAD THAT I WAS REALLY IN PAIN .
STAYED OFF OF WORK FOR SIX MONTHS

Oct 25, 2015 9:50 PM

Honeybun, In sorry you've gone through this and still have no answers. Have they checked you for lupus or Lymes? Or other autoimmune diseases? You'll be in my prayers, to get answers soon! 🙏🌼

Oct 25, 2015 10:09 PM

SO IN BETWEEN THAT TIME UP TIL NOW
I FINALLY WAS REFERED TO SEE A RHEUMATOLOGIST AND HE DIAGNOSED ME WITH FIBROMYALGIA, OSTEOARTHRITIS, BULGING DISKS IN MY NECK and LOWER BACK IN 2012 ,HYPOTHYROIDISM, AND OTHER ISSUES
STOPPED WORKING LAST YEAR
APPLIED FOR BENEFITS
GOT DENIED ,APPEALED IT
WENT TO COURT THIS MONTH, NOW WAITING ON THE JUDGE'S DECISION

Oct 25, 2015 10:34 PM

THANKS FLAPPYSLADY81
SO FROM 2010 UP TIL NOW IT HAS WORSEN THE BOTTOM OF MY FEET HURTS SO BAD WHEN I WALK .IT HURT TO RUB MY SKIN , THE SCALP OF MY HEAD IS SENSITIVE TO RUB SOMETIMES .I HAVE NOT HAD A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP IN A YEAR ..I HATE FLAREUPS ALONG WITH THE CONSTANT PAIN YOU ARE ALREADY IN .IS NOT GOOD AT ALL . DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE DAME SYMPTOMS???

Oct 25, 2015 10:35 PM

Sorry I meant same symptoms

Oct 26, 2015 5:49 AM

first of all let me just say welcome to the group honeybun, and to answer your question yes I and so many people here are going through alot of the same things that you are or have had some different ones aand I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and plantar faciitis,hypothyroidism, and severe sleep apnea, heart problems and the list keeps going but the point is, that you are in the best place to talk about these things. There are so many wonderful people here waiting to welcome you or to listen and be your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I pray that everyone has a better day today with less pain.

Oct 26, 2015 5:55 AM

Yes. I also have the pruritis, DDD & DJD, osteoarthritis throughout my spine and its now going into finger & knee joints, fibromyalgia, sjogrens, hypothyroidism, trigeminal neuralgia, vestibular neuronitis, tremors, osteopenia, pelvic congestion syndrome & venous reflux, pelvic floor dysfunction, IBS, angina, edema, memory loss, TMJ/TMJD, migraines & cervicogenic headaches, disc bulges, years, & surgery on my neck, sciatica, & tingling, stinging, itching, &/or numbness. I can pretty much handle it until my skin starts itching! 🙏🌼

Oct 26, 2015 6:11 AM

Flappyslady81, you sound like me. I seriously have so much wrong with me that I just can't stand to type it all out, so if someone asks what all I have I will tell them but I just stay in so much pain and fatigue and stay in my own brain fog that I'm lucky I can remember my name some days. Lol. Right now I'm dealing with an extremely large and very very painful bakers cyst behind my left knee and I just can't seem to get comfortable plus I'm really sick right now and adding everything I go through on a regular basis plus this stuff I also have a bad abcessed tooth. I'v been trying to get my mind off of my pain but it's not working. Sorry if it seems like I'm having a pitty party for myself but as all of you know dealing with chronic pain on a daily basis is no fun and not easy but then adding the unexpected on top of it all makes for a very long and very bad day. Ending my pitty party.

Oct 26, 2015 6:24 AM

Pity parties are allowed. Just grab one of our hands to pull out so you don't stay too long. 😉 I do know what you mean about having so much. Many times when I'm put on the spot I get brain fog and can't remember.

I didn't sleep well at all. As a matter of fact I've been on my tablet since 5:30. My sciatica flared up about two weeks ago, on and off. It had only been calmed down 2 days when it hit just after getting in bed last night! I had these severe shooting pain in my right shin to my foot, then it was all the way down the left leg. I think the nail salon massage chair triggered it again! My daughter's and i got a pedicure yesterday. (I any get my feet up to reach my toes anymore because of stiffness & pain. Two weeks ago I wore my TENS unit for the first time in months. The next day the sciatic pain started up. It hurts more than I ever remember, but I've been overly sensitive to any stimuli for months now, ever since the sjogrens & hypothyroidism dx. I'm wondering if it's from one of the meds or the diseases? I wish you and everyone a good Monday! I hear my hubby up so I guess I'll get up early today. It's not like I'm going to fall asleep! Lol 🙏🌼

Oct 26, 2015 6:42 AM

Thank you Flappyslady81 for your encouraging words. I haven't been to sleep yet. Hopefully I can get a few hours later. You and your husband have a wonderful and blessed day together.

Oct 26, 2015 8:39 AM

Thank you. I oppose you can catch some shut eye! 🙏🌼

Oct 27, 2015 10:10 PM

I just keep a list in my wallet these days! 😀 Makes it easier to remember everything that's wrong with me. When I couldn't remember Sjogrens the other day I called it Schrodinger's..... because you don't know for sure if I'm living or dead. ☺

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community