Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

May 22, 2016 3:23 PM

I'm self diagnosed autistic, been suffering from depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. Have had undiagnosed joint issues since I was very young (25 this month, yay me!)

Currently pursuing assessment for Ehlers Danlos syndrome as that best fits my recent symptom storm. The pain shifts around a lot. Lots of little twinges as well as whole body aches and joint specific stuff.

Anyway, hi.

May 24, 2016 8:17 AM

Welcome to our community family Dreadkitten! I don't have ehler Santos but others in the community do, and I'm sure they can answer questions for you. Have you seen any doctors? The reason I ask is because multiple diseases/disorders share many common symptoms. For instance, I have been dx with fibromyalgia, sjogrens, & hypothyroidism; multiple symptoms are shared by all these& many other diseases. From the start of my first symptoms until dx (diagnoses) came, it took 8 years and several doctors to put all the puzzle pieces together (labs, symptoms, signs, biopsies, etc). Hugs & prayers as you start your journey on diagnoses& treatments! πŸ™‚πŸ™πŸŒΌπŸ’•

May 30, 2016 6:18 PM

I have a diagnosis! Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (analogous with EDS III). Awaiting referral for physio and OT.

Sadly also about to become homeless, so will be dealing with hypermobility + nomadic wandering between sofas and the local campsite.

May 30, 2016 8:04 PM

I'll be praying for you, that you find a place to live, and that you get the treatment you need. Hugs! πŸ™‚πŸ’•πŸ™πŸŒΌ

May 31, 2016 1:10 AM

Dreadkitten, please take care and use any/all resources available. Long term care for chronically ill, social worker and health care from the county, disability. Am praying for you.

May 31, 2016 1:23 AM

Long term care = long term housing
This is the time to let your trusted ones lift you up, and you can do the same for them later. xoxo

Jun 01, 2016 1:23 PM

Dreadkitten that breaks my heart. I pray that you find a place to live and also get help for your pain. I agree with using every and all resources available to help you out. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. {{{Hugs}}}πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ»πŸŒ»πŸ˜Š

Jun 01, 2016 8:50 PM

I've applied for all the help I can, but been denied. Exciting convolutions of the British benefits system. Will try to apply for disability as soon as I have the spoons, but there's not much hope. They declare terminal cancer patients "fit for work" here.

Jun 01, 2016 11:07 PM

Oh dear Lord, Dreadkitten, you have my prayer's! It saddens me to know that someone with disabilities is put on the streets and no programs that are easy to qualify for! My heart breaks for you and the situation. Please take care of yourself and your health we are hear to lend an ear anytime you need.

Jun 02, 2016 7:21 AM

It's because they get paid per application, it's in their interests to make false assumptions and require you to reapply. If you trust the system there's a chance you end up in massive rent arrears, if you give notice to move out then they say you've "worsened your own situation" and are "voluntarily homeless" and they won't help you.

Jun 02, 2016 7:22 AM

My take on it is homeless with limited debt is easier than homeless with lots of debt. At least I'll get some of my rent deposit back.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community