Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Jul 31, 2016 6:52 AM

Hello!
I got this app because I wanted to be able to show my doctor what I meant when I said I have pain all over the place but nothing is damaged as it comes and goes in different places and i found this lovely little community as well!

I don't know what's wrong with me I've been seeing my gp for fatigue and thought it might have been glandular fever but then the pain started. Doing some reading fibromyalgia fits my profile really rather too well, so we are going to do some testing and see where we come up I guess.
Meanwhile here's hoping this pain is just a really bad weird viral infection?
I've really enjoyed reading all your stories over the last couple of days so I thought I should say hello πŸ‘‹

Jul 31, 2016 10:34 AM

πŸ€—so nice to meet u Fancy🌻
This is a great way to log ur daily pain πŸͺ and then print it out and take it,πŸ–¨ in black n white... and give it to ur doctor🐫 as a quantifiable diagnostic tool πŸ˜‰
And in the πŸ‘«πŸ‘¬πŸ‘­mean time there is a fabulous community here for u to vent,πŸ¦„ or ask Questions or🐫 sit back and read... πŸ”u can post happyπŸ’• things too of course... we all need a lift sometime. So welcome πŸ€—

Jul 31, 2016 10:47 AM

FancyPants33, welcome to our community family. I'm glad that you found us. I can tell you from experience that fibro has many of the same symptoms as other autoimmune issues and it's hard to make a definitive diagnosis. Remember, patience is the key. You will not know immediately. You will probably need to seen a neurologist and/or a rheumatologist and have several tests done along with extensive blood workups to see what is happening to you. I have several issues that cause me chronic pain and it's no fun for sure. I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself and chat with us. Stick around and read posts, ask questions, meet other "Newbies" as you go along. I hope that you find the app helpful in both tracking your symptoms and also getting to know others with similar issues and pain levels. You'll never be alone here, there's always someone who will come running (or in my case waddling) along to help you when you need it. Wishing you the best. {{{Hugs}}}πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ»πŸŒ»πŸ˜Š

Jul 31, 2016 5:13 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!
This is certainly a learning curve, learning how to be in pain every day. The hardest part for me so far is realising the pain I have isn't 'real' - sure I feel like someone replaced my spinal cord with hot wire now, but there's nothing wrong with my back, and in a few hours it will be my thigh instead (or as well, if we are going by yesterday to today) that's a simplification obviously but I'm sure you all know what I mean.
This app has been really helpful in reminding myself that I'm not fibbing, or exaggerating and yes, I am in quite a bit of pain.
My biggest struggle dealing with the fact I might have a chronic pain /fatigue disease is my work, I have worked hard to be where I am in my career and i also work shift work. It's going to be a struggle if i have to let any of that go, and it scares me a lot.
A little part of me still thinks its going to go away.
Oops where did that rant come from? Some pent up feelings rushing out there!
It's very nice to meet you all, I'll definitely keep you updated on my journey.
Xxx

Jul 31, 2016 7:45 PM

Let them come. Everyone here has or is going through it, too. You can bring it here. Welcome. 😊

Aug 03, 2016 9:13 AM

Welcome to our community family Fancypants! Rants are allowed here, and safely so. We all understand what chronic pain is like so we don't judge or criticize if someone needs to let it out. AlwayZ made a very good point, that many conditions can cause very similar symptoms. For instance, I have fibromyalgia, sjogrens, and hypothyroidism; if you look up the symptoms for all three, they share a lot of commonality, body pain and fatigue being only two. Many of us have had doctors dismiss fibro as unreal, or fail to continue searching once fibro was attached to us. Be wary of both. Notate every symptom daily, and any changes. Hugs love & prayers that your doctor (s) will find out what's going on and bring you some relief! πŸ™‚πŸ’•πŸ™πŸŒΈ

Aug 03, 2016 9:22 AM

Thank you, I hope so too. She hasn't been super enthusiastic in looking for a problem yet because we both kind of thought it was just a bad virus and it would go away, but it seems less and less likely to be the case as time goes on.
She certainly hasn't dismissed fibro but she seems like she wants to do the elimination testing and that's fine by me.
The last couple of days it's horrible gut pain that's been getting me and I don't know if i should attribute it to the other pain everywhere or if it's the same as the other pain and its fine to wait until I see my gp again.

How do you differentiate your pain?

Aug 03, 2016 9:29 AM

Welcome to our community

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community