Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Oct 21, 2016 12:04 AM

Hello! I'm new to this and I'm excited to talk to people in the same or similar situation. I was just diagnosed with Fibromialga today but I kinda knew it was coming because I've been dealing with pain for years. I also have an extremely bad back I've had 3 back surgeries. But I'm excited to learn more about fibromialga and how to manage it.

Oct 21, 2016 12:30 AM

Welcome, these people on here are great people and very supportive, many different types of illness on here and alot of great information to be had!

I myself don't have Fibromyalgia, I do have Sjogrens Syndrome with Fibromyalgia like sensitivities brought on by my Sjogrens, I also have DDD, bulging and or herniated discs, I suffer from Chronic Migraines and have Osteoarthritis and neuropathy in my feet caused by the Sjogrens Syndrome as well. I also had a dx of Lupus but found out it was someone else's blood work results. So thank God for that small Miracles! (When my results were mixed up, I had them redo all my blood work so to be sure the Sjogrens Syndrome dx was correct)
Welcome to our zany and supportive family here! We are a non judgmental group and support one another and we also have fun to try and take our mind off our pain. 😉 Jump on in the water's fine!

Oct 21, 2016 12:38 AM

Thanks for the welcome ☺ I had a bulged disc at L4 S1 I had surgery that didn't help the pain so I tried a nerve stimulator and of course that didn't help my pain it really aggravated my fibromialga (which I didn't know I had at the time). So I had the stimulator removed. Now I have another bulged on the same disc. But now that I've been diagnosed with fibromialga a lot of things make sense! They are running a bunch of other test and x-rays because my doctor suspects I have something else going on. Anyways I'm glad to be part of this community!

Oct 21, 2016 1:05 AM

Welcome! I hope you find this app as friendly and helpful as I have

Oct 21, 2016 1:24 AM

Hi welcome, I've only been on here a week so I'm quite new here as well.
Everyone here is so supportive and non judgemental. There are many different types of illnesses but everyone knows what it's like to have chronic pain.
Finding this app has been a miracle for me because most people I know don't understand chronic pain because they don't have to live with it and even tho I tell them about my pain they don't really believe the extent of it and say to pull myself together (even some of the doctors I've seen!).
Myself I don't have fibromialga, I suffer with trigeminal neuralgia in all three branches of the trigeminal nerve in the left side of my face. I also have neck and shoulder pain and pins and needles in my left hand finger tips because of being tense from the neuralgia pain all the time.

I hope you find the app and the community here as helpful as I do xx

Oct 21, 2016 1:28 AM

Thank you! I'm super happy I found this because like you said friends don't understand it and when I post on fb they just think I'm complaining all the time. So it's nice to be part of this where your not judged and people get it.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community