Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Jun 16, 2017 8:12 PM

Hey :) I am new to all this. I have been in pain for 4 months now (I know it's not much but it seems like forever!) but due to moving I haven't seen a rheumatologist yet. I was supposed to see one in a couple of days as was SO EXCITED to get some answers but they called today and had to move the appointment for two weeks from now. Any tips on how to be patient??

Jun 16, 2017 10:21 PM

Welcome! You're in a great place. I can say that this is a good place to be before/during/after diagnosis. Great people here.

Jun 17, 2017 12:15 AM

Welcome :)

Jun 17, 2017 1:53 AM

I was excited to! And welcome i just joined couple days ago too. 4 months is a long time even if people have been in pain longer it doesnt discount your pain its hard. I just wanted to say be patient but persistent its hard to get into seeing the doctors you need especially when you are starting with a new one. Just keep making sure you get an appointment and take what ever is available. Be flexible... I know thats hard... Just be aware that usually it takes a while to get an answer, they have to try a lot of different things to figure out whats wrong since each case is so different. Some people get lucky and get an answer quick, but some people have to wait a long time, even years. I just wanted an answer so badly but its been almost 5 years and I have made huge progress but I still dont have an answer of what's wrong but i do know how-to make the pain some what tolerable.
Being postive is good! Just dont get disappointed and get discouraged or depressed which is what happened to me. But there is hope :)

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community