Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Osgood schlatter

Dec 01, 2018 10:11 AM

Does anyone have this? I have been diagnosed with it,and have fallen on the dodgy peice of bone where it is,and I can feel the bone and it feels like I can move it(very painful) and it’s bruised,do u think I should see the doctor👩‍⚕️👨‍⚕️???

Dec 01, 2018 5:31 PM

YES! See a doctor. (No I don’t have it) Better safe than sorry

Dec 03, 2018 1:30 PM

Well,we are planning on seeing him but a lot of the time they never do anything and just turns out like a wasted appointment but will

Dec 05, 2018 9:31 PM

You need a good doctor who can monitor your growth and the bone spurs as they form. You may only need pain meds and a doctors note to excuse you from PE, but you may also benefit from a minor surgery to remove the Spurs. Hence needing a good doctor. Plan on seeing the doctor a lot.

Dec 06, 2018 10:13 PM

Recommend seeing a specialist. I have it and my dad had it too. I was told its a genetic effect. I have difficulty kneeling because of it and must have a rather thick pad on which to kneel to clean or garden. I have not had a need for surgery but I can see how one might. Keep looking for a doctor that will take you seriously. The pain should not be ignored.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community