Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Ouch!

Dec 22, 2015 7:59 AM

Weather changes and PMS. Nuff said.

Dec 22, 2015 8:09 AM

I hear you!!! Feel better. The weather here in NY is for shit and it's making my levels rise very quickly. The end of the week will be sunny and warmer so hopefully it will bring the levels back down again. {{{{Hugs}}}}πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ»πŸŒ»

Dec 22, 2015 9:47 AM

I'm with u jess.. I'm in such a fog right now. Mynpain was off the charts yesterday and last night. And now I'm wobbly and ugh.. The back pain pelvic pain hips and now both shoulders my head and all my knuckles ties a d all are swollen my collar bone is swollen . I mean it's like I've been horabbly beaten . and the news says its gonna rain and even toranado uo til Christmas eve. So not good I've got more things to get but I may have to just get it after Christmas. Ugh..sorry jess. I did not mean to hijack your post. I'm sorry your in pain. I really am... Please forgive me.

Dec 22, 2015 11:42 AM

Totally understood! Aching swollen & cold finger joints. (((Hugs))) & prayers you'll feel better soon! πŸ™‚πŸ™πŸŒΌ

Dec 22, 2015 12:49 PM

Completely understanding here too. Rainy and cold, making lots of pain, and I've been on my period for a month now....

Dec 22, 2015 12:55 PM

Phoenix.. For a month?? Did you speak to the doctor? I've had it for 8 days and that was the longest. Now that I'm menopausal, I skip like 6 months and then get the period from hell. It's more heavy, crampy and draining. It also lasts longer. It really does suck!! Feel better. {{{Hugs}}} πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ»πŸŒ»

Dec 22, 2015 1:41 PM

I feel so blessed to not have periods... until I remember what my body has put me through due to tumors, pelvic floor dysfunction, & pelvic congestion syndrome, etc, etc.. But I do have empathy for you younger ladies because I remember the pre-hysterectomy days very well too. πŸ™‚πŸ™πŸŒΌ

Dec 22, 2015 2:23 PM

Alwayz, I had one for 28 days combined in one month last year. That was a nightmare and I do understand where Phoenix is coming from. I do want a hysterectomy but because of my MRSA, that's off the table. Will be discussing the endometrial ablation in about 3 weeks.

Dec 22, 2015 2:25 PM

I started trinessa BC pills a month ago. The doc said it could take up to three months for my body to regulate with the hormones. I'm really hoping and praying that this doesn't mean a three month period, cuz I'm wondering if I'll bleed to death

Dec 22, 2015 2:27 PM

Phoenix I understand the insanely long cycles.. I've had those too.. I'm not sure if I'm done with them yet I have polycystic ovarian disease and has had several surgeries to remove large tumors in which I still have several large ones remaining and I'm on off on treatment now for the tumors and my cycle is very sporadic but when it does show up it shows up with a vengeance so I understand it's horrible

Dec 22, 2015 5:28 PM

Phoenix, If it gets to be a problem with the new birth control pills, please contact your OBGYN, They need to be aware of the problem as well. I should probably stop being stubborn as well. On Provera, had a "cycle" just before Thanksgiving and now it's back full force all ready. I'm just about ready to throw in the towel with it.

Dec 24, 2015 11:39 AM

Menopausal crazy woman here...next mood swing two minutes...(giggling)

Dec 24, 2015 11:46 AM

Terri, et tu? I can go from happy to pissed with a hot flash in about 90 seconds and if I say it to my gyn, he looks at me like I've lost my mind. Only 35 years old with hot flashes. Gees!!!!

Dec 24, 2015 12:03 PM

I've had hot flashes since I was 16!! I'm one hormonal bitch.. When I was working I had a teddy on my desk with a blue t-shirt that said "Next mood swing.. 6 Seconds!!"

Dec 27, 2015 1:36 PM

Seems like my period is finally stopping. I'm on the last of the sugar pills but I'm hoping it continues to stop once I start back on the next cycle. I'm getting supremely impatient with the constant outflow lol. One benefit I have noticed with the bc pill is that a problem I've had since I was ten, that only increased with puberty, has lessened dramatically. I have had a problem with purple, painful boils. Especially where my clothes rub. They're horrible and embarrassing and very painful. But they seem to be almost completely gone. Has anyone else ever had to deal with these horrible things?

Dec 27, 2015 1:41 PM

OMG.. That's rough!! I'm glad the bc has helped to eliminate them. They sound very painful.

Dec 27, 2015 5:21 PM

Gahh! I just went through the cold weather, and PMS, on top of Christmas with the MIL. I feel you. Flare is just getting better today finally!

I've never had a period longer than 9 days except after giving birth, but I have gone up to nine months without a period (not prego), and the buildup of bloat and hormones is horrible! and the resulting period always had me rolling on the floor in pain. (worse than med free labor). Now If I go more than 3 months without one, doc wants me to come in and get it jump started.

Dec 27, 2015 6:59 PM

Raven, now I'm trying to get mine to stop. 12 days this month in total(not all together). It's driving me freaking crazy. I also feel you on the 9 days. Last year went 28 days total. Gah!!!! I feel like a crazed bitch right now for some reason. I don't think is surgery related. I think my body's just doing it's own crazy thing again.

Dec 27, 2015 8:39 PM

I'm having a weird large spotting thing.right now going on two weeks and its so random. I need never know when I'll spot. And when I think it's gone I'll make a move and its all over the place. I hate this.

Jan 08, 2016 8:31 AM

I'm right there with you winter in Minnesota is hell. And on top of that I've stopped the depo and have to deal wit my pms again

Jan 08, 2016 9:57 AM

Hrouggoing through the process of "the change" (menoPause)....I believe I am now ,nearing the end of this vicious, rapidly cycling, raging, hot flashing, belly bloat, sweating, waking up during the night DRENCHED. I begged my doctor to give me something to start a period for I just knew that it would make the Extreme PMS go away....only to be told it would make it worse, going from being a very sexual/sensual woman to OH NO I DONT THINK I WILL EVER WANT SEX AGAIN, I have felt like a complete stranger to myself....I don't know who this Woman is staring back at me in the mirror...the mood swings that mimic mental illnesses, the anxiety, the grief, yes the grief if the loss of my young womanhood, child bearing, Vibrance of feeling Vibrant!
When I would share my feelings with women who have completed this transition, they normally laugh alittle, pat me on the shoulder and say yes Yes it is hard but it will get better.
My husband's bewildered look when I am raging, crying, laughing, hollaring, and then I stop, and look at him like he is the crazy unsupportive one ..
I say all of this to my young women friends, enjoy the vibrancy and joys and cramps and yes even PMS... For the Change process is Real, impending, and unavoidable.
I had no clues as to what and why and how to get through this . I was uneducated. Then you add Chronic Pain and the other issues can only magnify the process.
I am almost near the end, I can finally feel the differences ,the clamer woman inside is Awakening. I am beginning to sense my world in much different ways. This is the Terri,the older calmer more faithful, wiser, loving,wrinkles and gray hair, yeah, I am going to make it! Thanks for letting me vent! Love Terri

Jan 08, 2016 12:03 PM

Terri,
I hear you loud and clear!!! I had my thyroid out in 2000 and it put me into immediate menopause. I experienced what they called "the storm" and had wicked mood swings, horrible depression, anxiety that I couldn't handle and all that goes with it. The gyn tried to give me progestin to Bring my periods back. Well, it worked the first time and then I didn't get another cycle. Went Through 5 cycles and told the doctor I'm not going to take any more hormones. Well, I went 13 years with no period and then out of the blue it came back. Now, fast forward to present day and guess what.. Oh happy day.. Menopause!!! The hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, anxiety, depression, all piled on with the horrid pain and other bullshit we all have to deal with. I haven't had sex in probably 18 years!! I don't think I'd even know what an orgasm is any more. I miss that part of myself as well. I go 6 months with no cycle and get one, then 8 months no cycle and get one. I just want it to be over. It's ok... It'll be done soon enough I guess. It's all "part of being a woman" if it was easy, men would do it!! LOL!!! Hang in there Terri.. We'll get through this. {{{Hugs}}} and prayers. πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ»πŸŒ»

Jan 09, 2016 1:04 PM

Terri is so right, to all you younger ladies. What you go through with pms, it's nothing compared to what can go wrong...

My cycles stopped when they took my uterus in 1995 @ 34 years old (endometreosis with hemorrhages). I continued to have hormone imbalances with menopause symptoms, endometreosis, scar tissue, and suddenly new was ovarian cysts; they took my ovaries in 2003. From 1995-2005 sex was the best, but then I started vaginal atrophy with extreme dryness (probably had sjogrens way back then, because my dry eyes started way back too). I also developed the pelvic floor dysfunction, which caused severe & painful spasms of the whole perineal area (vaginal, rectal, perineal, shooting upward towards my navel), so badly I'd be curled in a ball crying all night. Sex became out of the question. In 2010, with no female organs except a cervix & vagina, I had a10 cm paraovarian cyst removed, along with more adhesed scar tissue & endometreosis, a hernia repair, an appendectomy, and a pelvic skiing placed (not to mention 2 day postop Ileus with intubation). It hasn't stopped there because now I also have the pelvic floor congestion, which has caused leg vein reflux, and still have the pelvic floor dysfunction (affects bowels & bladders). If I could go backwards in time I would never have let them take my uterus. Even with endometreosis, i never had cysts until i no longer has a cycle to bleed. There's many a day that I wish all I had was PMS and hormone imbalances. With Sjogrens added in now, it's horribly painful just having yearly cervical paps. Treasure your youthful & mid-age years; enjoy. πŸ˜·πŸ™πŸŒΌ

Jan 09, 2016 1:06 PM

skiing = sling (from omental tissue in the pelvic region)

Jan 09, 2016 1:25 PM

Wow Flappy, you have been on a journey, it must have been very hard.thanks for posting a reply. Love ,Terri

Jan 09, 2016 9:42 PM

Terri, it really wasn't what I bargained for when I finally agreed to the hysterectomy (took 2 yr to convince me it was for the best). Go figure! I know some who've never had any complications, and others who are worse than me. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I told my daughter's not to let any doc remove anything except for cancer. πŸ˜·πŸŒΌπŸ™

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community