Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Ouch!

Apr 19, 2016 3:02 PM

I've recently been getting this shooting pain down my spine when I move the "right" way. It's been so bad it's dropped me to my knees a few times. It takes my breath away. Anyone else experiencing this?

Apr 19, 2016 7:14 PM

Have you been checked for trigger points in your back?
I have a history of these near my spine, and they can be shooting pain that refers up the neck and down the arms, make me nauseated and difficult to breathe in fully.
Injections, massage, and chiropractic adjustments have kept mine under control.

Apr 19, 2016 7:17 PM

Not yet. I just had MRI's done yesterday. One without contrast and one with. I'm waiting on my appointment with the neurologist next Monday. The first one scared the heck out of me. I'm already dealing with a Hug right now and then this started.

Apr 20, 2016 12:54 PM

Only once, and it was one too many times! 😵. Years ago I was riding in my dad's car. We were coming off the ferry boat when he hit a bump (large) in the road. I was holding to the top of my daughter's car seat, and I wasn't buckled in because the seatbelt was broken. Suddenly my body shot straight up, my head striking the roof of the car, rolling forward and striking the back of my neck on the roof again, then slammed back onto the seat on my tailbone. When we got home I had to lay down. I had the worst headache and shoulder pain ever. I took some meds, got ice packs for my neck & shoulders, went to bed, and the next morning was much better.

Six months later I woke up to potty. When I got back in bed I reached to pull up the blanket and a hot searing pain shot from my tailbone to neck. I fell back flat and could not move. Every muscle in my thoracic & chest area was locked down in spasms, making it very difficult to breathe. My hubby called for an ambulance and they took me to the ER. I was dx with whiplash and they gave me 2 rx (don't remember names) that screwed me up so bad I couldn't function; just slept. My mom threw them out and took me to see a chiropractor who did a month of treatment before I could even stand straight. That was when my sciatica started in my low back too. I hope never to experience that again!

Have you seen a doctor? Have you had any injury to your spine? I'd suggest setting a neurologist or orthopedist. Hugs & prayers! 🙂💕🙏🌼

Apr 20, 2016 1:07 PM

My regular doctor won't see me until after I see the neurologist. I see the neurologist next Monday at 3pm. I've never had any injuries to my spine. It scared the heck out of me the first time. It definitely doesn't feel pretty when it happens. I'd be A-OK if it never happened again lol!

Apr 20, 2016 9:32 PM

You are in my prayers!! Hugs 🙂💕🙏🌼

Apr 21, 2016 6:50 AM

Have you had your spine checked? Sounds like a ruptured disc to me. I am having the same issue right now just waiting on insurance to auth it. Already had 2 cervical laminectomy. Didn't help a lot. Hope you find out what's wrong soon. In the mean time be careful. You could do more damage if you're not. Good luck

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community