Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Pain

Sep 26, 2014 11:11 AM

How do you all cope with your pain? I currently have a Butrans patch and I'm taking Pregabalin and Dihydrocodeine, Celecoxib and Citalopram. Prior to this, I was on a combination of Morphine Sulphate, Tramadol, Gabapentin and Diclofenac, and they didn't work either. I know it can take a while to the balance right and I was only diagnosed a year ago, but how long is "a while"? I have Fibromyalgia and Hypermobility Syndrome. Do any of you have both of these ailments, and if so, how much difference does it make to your responsiveness to the treatments and medications available to you?

Sep 26, 2014 11:46 AM

Pain medications mask pain. I always try to find the source of that pain, but with this disease, sometimes there isn't one. Very discouraging. I've been playing this game for at least four years. I only wish they'd give me morphein. I'm about to change to the accepted regime of Cymbalta/Welbutrin/Lyrica. I'm currently taking Savella/Effexor and Hydorcodone. Nothing really works so far. My condition is a bit different from yours: Lupus, RA, Fibromyalgia. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Sep 26, 2014 1:03 PM

I'm sorry you are in such pain. I have been in pain 24/7/365 for the last 18 years. I started off with lighter meds but these days I'm on Morphine, roxycodone, Zoloft, Ativan and tazanitidine. ON the medication my pain levels are still residing at around an 8 of 10. I'm praying that they come out with the medical marijuana soon and that it helps. I am dealing with Degenerative Joint/Disc Disease, Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy, Thoracic Spondylosis, Thoracic Disc Degeneration, Fibromyalgia, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Graves Disease and Chronic Depression and Anxiety. I'm unable to work because I never know from one day to the next how I will be or how long I can tolerate to be up. I have not slept in a bed but a recliner for the last 6 years because of my spine. I've had biofeedback, ultrasound, an implanted Neurostimulator, physical therapy, massage, tens unit, hot/cold, all to no avail. I try to meditate and concentrate on breathing. it's not easy and sometimes thre is no new solution. I've had 27 surgical procedures in the last 18 years to try to "fix" the problems or to try to at least slow progression of some diseases and correct what joints and bones could be saved. well, I guess what I'm saying is, although difficult and sad, sometimes you just have to take what you've got and make the most of it. I hope you DO find help for your pain... best of luck and God Bless.

Sep 27, 2014 8:59 AM

Thank you Kathy. I feel bad for complaining (lol). I'm sorry that YOU are in so much pain. Well done for having such strength. I hope that you find some relief soon. lbravo , thank you for your response.

Sep 27, 2014 12:08 PM

I have hypermobilty syndrome and fibromyalgia. My Dr said I am uncharted territory for her. I am in pain management. I am on hydrophon for pain (dilaudid) tizanidine for muscle spasms meloxicam for swelling morphine for more pain control. I still have muscle spasms not as bad but still there. I still have pain 7 to 10. I still don't sleep all night. I might sleep 3to4 hr at a time. I have pushed to be evaluated for Ehlers Danlos syndrome. I have an appointment in December. I am hopping ounce I get there things will get better. I hope you find relief soon too.

Oct 02, 2014 11:57 AM

hope your appointment goes well. Doctor has changed me from Butrans patch to Fentanyl patch and increased Pregabalin to 175mg twice a day. Most of your symptoms sound like mine. I have thought of EDS too, but it frightens me a bit because I'm not coping well with the HMS and FMS. Sounds strange, but it' s good to know that there are other people out there who know EXACTLY what I'm going through and understand. On a lighter note to finish... there are some good TV programmes on during the night. Tace care everyone x

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community