Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Pain

Sep 07, 2018 8:43 PM

I've been dealing with chronic pain since I was 26 years old. I hope I can overcome this obstacle.

Sep 08, 2018 4:00 PM

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your pain. Have you been given a diagnosis/reason for your pain?

Take care

Love Hayley x

Sep 13, 2018 2:11 PM

Hey Clarinet2005! I started with chronic pain in my upper 20s too, thankfully only OA & DDD then. I'm now 56 and have a long list of chronic health issues, many that cause pain. Hopefully you can find ways that will help you cope on a daily or even hourly basis. It's hard for me to plan ahead anymore, and many times I have to to change or cancel my plans. I've learned to take it one hour, day, week at a time. And no matter what happens or who I have to cancel out on, I refuse to feel guilty for taking care of my needs.

I can only speak from my experience but I'll give you some examples of how I cope. Due to vein insufficiency, POTS, vertigo, along with fibromyalgia and Sjogrens, OA/DDD, and issues, I have to change positions at least every 30-45 minutes: walking v/s sitting v/s standing. I use gentle stretches to help me with morning pain and stiffness. I use a warm shower, forceful or sometimes soft dripping (depending on pain level & location), to also relax and loosen up muscles. If trying to cook, I sit at the table or kitchen counter to food prep, as well as using large handled utensils & knives. I've lightened my purse so it's not so straining on my neck shoulders and back. We bought a low pick up truck (Toyota Tacoma) so I can just slide in and out at standing level, rather than having to squat from our Nissan Sentra (which worsened my back pain & numbed my legs). I have everything I use frequently on the top shelf (s) of my refrigerator, and cabinets are at my height so I don't need a stool to reach items I use a lot. If I'm having a good day I move around a lot more, but on bad days it's rest, rest, and rest some more. I hope others can give more suggestions. Not everything works for everyone, because we are all different and unique in diagnoses & tolerance level & what we can use or not. Try different things until you find what works best for you. Love hugs & prayers! 🙂❤🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community