Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

pain below the chest

Mar 13, 2016 2:39 PM

I fell pain just below my chest. Its usually happened after I take dinner and lunch.

Mar 13, 2016 2:40 PM

No remarks

Mar 13, 2016 3:05 PM

I think I would call ask a nurse or something just to run it past them. Could be nothing but acid reflex to something to be concerned about it.

Mar 13, 2016 3:48 PM

Sounds gastrointestinal, ie...peptic ulcer..but being a cardiac nurse, please go to the doctor to have it checked out. Please. Love and blessings, Terri

Mar 13, 2016 6:41 PM

I second Terri's recommendation. Better safe than sorry, drasel! We will be here when you return. I use to work on a cardiac unit also and are on medication for Angina. I have a cardiologist who is fabulous. Don't take any chances.

Mar 13, 2016 7:45 PM

My mom would hurt after eating and she had H-pielori, an infection in her GI tract requiring antibiotics.

Mar 13, 2016 9:37 PM

True like I said earlier it most likely is a GI concern, however, as most ER physicians will tell anyone, we would rather someone come in and get it checked, and we are able to rule out any cardiac problems, it is a relief! So just in case always rule on the safe side when having pain in that particular area especially for women. It is documented women have completely different signs and symptoms of myocardial infarction or ischemia. Pain where ever the area is the body's way of letting us know something is not right. I would hope that despite chronic pain...when we experience something quite different, there is a need to seek a medical expertise. Much love, Terri

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community