Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Pain killers

Aug 18, 2017 3:47 AM

Hey cool people😀

I am struggling to find pain killers that actually help.... What do you guys use? Specifically in terms of medication? I am undiagnosed but have pain in my joints and muscles🙈

I use these round green pain killers (can't remember the name😐) but I feel like it barely even reduces a headache😐

Aug 18, 2017 5:35 AM

Hey 😊 I only take Tylenol for headaches but If I don't take it right away than I have to sleep and hope it's gone when I wake up . As far as joints and muscles. I am not sure about because everyone is different. 😮 most of my pain was in my stomach but I had surgery 7 weeks ago and still healing so I am hoping that took care of that pain. Wish you the best of luck. I'm sorry I am not much of a help.

I hope you find something that works for you. ☺☺

Aug 18, 2017 6:25 AM

Hi 👋🏼 I'm having the same problem as you. Nothing seems to work, the only thing that has ever worked for me is morphine so I'm currently fighting with doctors to find a doctor that will prescribe me some 🙄 With your joint and muscle pain you might have fibromyalgia?

Aug 18, 2017 7:05 AM

Can you ask your doctor there in South Africa without the stigmas some if us are getting?

Look up drugs online to see what's available...but many say that pain killers don't work long term so why go on them to begin with?...what you need is to move more, Reiki, go to a happy place and 5 different drugs gabapentin, effexor, meloxicam, celexa, or whatever else that has a whole host of problems and don't forget PT!
But I pray you better luck than me..all my best!

Aug 18, 2017 8:15 AM

I take Lyrica for fibro is the only pain med I take.

Aug 18, 2017 8:30 AM

How long have you been taking it before you got relief?

Aug 18, 2017 9:11 AM

I don't remember exactly. Several weeks.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community