Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Pain meds

Dec 16, 2016 8:35 AM

I have no insurance. I go to a free clinic the gave me gabapentin to take two pills three times aday. It worked for a bit but my pain went up so i had enough pills that i started taking three pills three times aday. Should i have waited for doctors to increase the amount.

Dec 16, 2016 8:49 AM

Do your doctors know you increased it? If not - you probably should let them know. By increasing the medication you will run out sooner than you should. Without your doctor knowing you have increased your medication (and why) they may not refill it until it's time instead of when you run out. This may leave you without meds for a few days. That's never a good thing.

Is the increase helping? If so your doctors need to know that as well.

Dec 16, 2016 8:56 AM

No they don't but i had extra. I have run out before and paidcthe price so did family. But i make sure i dont run out. The first of the month is better to see them. Yes it is working so far.

Dec 16, 2016 8:19 PM

You should let your doctor's know. Maybe they can adjust it or add something else to help. Keep track of daily symptoms and responses to meds.

Dec 18, 2016 6:31 AM

Thank you i will.

Dec 19, 2016 1:19 AM

One thing gabapentin has abuse potential so if you truly werent abusing it make that clear to your dr

Dec 19, 2016 1:22 AM

Forgive me i was thinking of lyrica

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community