Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Pip? Help?

Oct 08, 2015 10:23 AM

Only diognoses with sacriolitis, sciatica which affects my mobility but have alot of issues that I'm getting nowhere with. Stairs are increasingly hard as in lowering myself on loo (sorry ) sitting to standing, driving, using oven as it's low, getting out bath ect. Can I get help? To be fair, it more the blue badge and help in house like aids I need it's not about the money although that would help. Thank you xx

Oct 08, 2015 11:46 AM

It Deffo worth applying for PIP and ESA if you can no longer work. You need the mobility component to enable you to get a blue badge. The criteria for mobility is to be able to walk no more than 5 bus lengths. That is standard mobility. I hope that helps. It sounds as if you would qualify for both components. Your claim begins as soon as you make the call. x

Oct 09, 2015 2:54 AM

I get esa and pip. Even though we have different health issues you sound like you have the same problems as me. Even though I struggle to walk I only got basis pip. They said I needed more help at home and could walk more that 50meters but less than 200 meters. If you fill in your forms online make sure you write down your worse day. But don't put you sit down a lot either. Explain how everything you put on here. I got esa quickly but it didn't increase for nearly a year. But the back pay was great. Pip took about 6 months. The medicals sounded scarier then they actually were. My OT came and checked my home. Got a raised seat for the toilet. Was given a perching stool (high chair). Had a hoist in the bath. But as it's a privately rented home no stair lift. Hoping to over soon and have it all fitted in the new home. Good luck.

Oct 09, 2015 2:56 AM

P.s. I applied for my blue badge online. You don't have to get pip mobility for a blue badge. I just described all my problems and was approved within hours. It's easier if you do get pip but still possible without.

Oct 09, 2015 4:44 AM

I think it depends on the area you live in, I had to send proof of pip to our council before they would consider it x

Oct 09, 2015 9:45 PM

What is Pip & ESA? Thanks! 🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community