Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Plantar fasciitis

Dec 27, 2016 9:52 PM

I've had plantar fasciitis for 4 yrs now. I can control it by wearing 100 dollar, personalized shoe insoles and doing stretches. Unfortunately, I have had my insoles for a yr and they need to be replaced, but I don't want to spend 100 dollars on new ones. Any recommendations on store bought insoles or any other tips??? I stand on my feet 50 plus hrs a week... I know it's something I will have to deal with until I retire...just need to know way to cope with this better.. thanks in advance..

Dec 28, 2016 7:15 AM

There are products online that are like 8 shaped that fit over ankle and foot. I bought my friend that helped her. I'll find website and let you know.

Dec 28, 2016 8:09 AM

Look into kinesiology tapiing for this... check out youtube videos specifically for PF... could be a cheaper option... good luck! 🤗

Dec 28, 2016 9:33 AM

The catalog I got it from is Hammacher Schlumberger. They have several products available for plantar fasciitis.

Dec 28, 2016 9:42 AM

Mamawainscott11, I also have plantar fasciitis, along with other for problems. I've been wearing special made insoles from a company or of California, Foot Solutions, for over 5 years. They are expensive, at just over $300/pair, but they last 3-4 years. And the local store can put patches for extreme wear. I don't wear shoes without them anymore. It's worth the cost, considering the foot pain without them.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community