Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Please help

May 03, 2016 12:32 PM

What are the best medications for me to discuss with my doctor?

May 03, 2016 12:51 PM

It really depends on what is causing your back pain. If it is an arthritic pain, then you want to talk about anti- inflammatories. And there are several. It is really about finding the right one for you. There are ones like diclofenec, Celebrex, ibuprophen, and more.

If the pain is from nerves, then they may consider a medicine for nerve inflammation like gabapentin.

With these type of pains, we tend to tense up and are back is not relaxed so they might consider a muscle relaxer to let your muscles soften up back there so you can feel less pain.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes on your doctor's visit, 😀✌️

May 03, 2016 1:03 PM

Cheeselover, treatment depends on the cause of the pain. Do you have a diagnosis yet, like Arthritis, degenerating discs, muscle spasms, fibromyalgia, or an injury to your back? I actually have all of those affecting my back, and each one is treated differently. I have ointments to rub in, take warm showers to loosen up stiffness, use heat pads, take muscle relaxers, do relaxation & gentle stretches, and take Tylenol Arthritis, gabapentin, and Tramadol for different pain. I've had epidural steroid injections for sciatica and headaches coming from my back. I'm over 2 years since the last injx and only have minimal sciatica episodes now. I hope you can find some relief soon. Hugs & prayers! 🙂💕🙏🌼

May 03, 2016 11:29 PM

Topricin lotion from a health food store and biofreeze spray from a chiropractor are non RX and have helped my back pain. Hope you get good relief soon.

May 04, 2016 1:41 AM

There's so many issues related to pain that need better expression. For your Doc or for that matter all HCP's to help, your gonna have to learn to be descriptive; just saying "it hurts" is of no value to anyone least of all you.
Having said that, there are many people on this site thet can offer helpful advice but again, you have to be descriptive! Think of the five W's of pain (who, what, where, why and when). If you cannot articulate beyond "it hurts," then the only one who will continue to suffer is you. Learn to specify or you will lead a suffering existence.

Robinsage

May 05, 2016 8:18 AM

Back when I lived in Georgia I went to my doctor 5 separate times over my back and he FINALLY listened to me and sent me for an MRI on my back sent me to physical therapy and massage therapy and did injections (cortisone) they didn't do any good so I ended up in pain management whobdid more of the same injections and therapy, I was also on tramadol for pain, didn't help me much, but at least they were listening and trying to help my back get better. I ended up moving out of the state of Georgia to where I am and got back into pain management and they are doing RFA'S every 6-12 months and sometimes it works wonders and other times it doesn't work at all, I just had a round done 2 weeks ago and it is really working great for my back but I was praying it would have helped my left hip. But you win some and lose some. I pray that you can find out what is causing your pain and get the right treatments. I have several things going on with mine from arthritis to bulging and or hurniated disc . prayer's to you!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community