Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Prednisone

Jun 19, 2017 9:52 PM

Help I'm in so much pain were tears coming down..pain in my stomach an knees.do or has anyone taken Prednisone an if so do they work pretty well

Jun 20, 2017 4:31 AM

I don't think it works for me. I really upsets my stomach. Make sure to take it with food.

Jun 20, 2017 4:41 AM

It did nothing for me for my chronic pain. I've been pumped with steroids so many times ugh. It always causes me to gain weight, retain water, food cravings and mess up my stomach. I always take probiotics while on prednisone, actually I kept taking probiotics after my round of prednisone. I wish you the best.

Jun 20, 2017 4:57 AM

Prednisone did same to me as it did to Artemis113...my son takes it and not only does it affect him with these but drastically changes his moods! But it's worth it for him.
A friend who has to take prednisone rest of his life from a double lung transplant hasn't any side affects except weight gain but not too bad.
Good luck Diamond5050, keep us posted

Jun 20, 2017 7:24 PM

Yes Spunky! How did I forget that? Steroids make me act so out of whack and emotional. Also I get serious insomnia (days). Unless it's a life-threatening situation, I refuse to take them anymore. Hope everything works out Diamond5050.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community