Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Pregabalin

Jan 06, 2017 4:59 AM

How have you found this medication/side affects?
I suffered swelling, 101bs in 10 days and had to stop.

Jan 06, 2017 9:28 AM

I'm on Lyrica (USA). It has really helped me. I do notice an increase in appetite.

Jan 07, 2017 12:32 AM

Was a a trial medicine it is just gabalin. Was woundetful. Waiting for it to be on the market hopefuly in a couple of years.

Jan 07, 2017 2:16 AM

Gabapentin made me put on weight so i stopped that.. i was taking it with my lyrica. The lyrica works fine i was quite fuzzy at first but that eased up, I've been on it for quite a while now any side effects i had from it eased up almost completely

Jan 07, 2017 6:01 AM

I was on Lyrica fir a few weeks and lost all sense of taste. It was miserable. That was enough for me to quit. I have regained the ability to taste my food, albeit not as good as I'd like. I am now starting gabapentin. Hoping for the best.

Jan 07, 2017 9:47 PM

I had terrible side effects which settled after a couple of weeks, it can be described as nothing but drunkenness. Definitely do not plan on driving for a while after starting.
I take it coupled with Tramadol, they each enhance the other. I spent some time finding the right dose and am now very settled.
Side effects can include both reduced libido and sexual dysfunction - a double whammy! Side effects come back after any variance so I have to be very careful to remember to take them.

Jan 07, 2017 11:03 PM

Had very little side effects on the gabalin. Back to drawing board for my pain now.

Jan 07, 2017 11:51 PM

I've found that all the meds in this family of drugs did nothing for the pain in my neck or face (left sidded trigeminal neuralgia) and shoulders but I got a lot of the side affects from them

Jan 09, 2017 3:34 PM

So sorry these drugs do not work for you. The lyrica was working beautiful ly until Christmas. I change how I dosed it to help me sleep. I may put it back the way I had it & focus on melatonin & magnesium. I may feel better after topical pain meds get filled at compounding pharmacy. I am going to have Doctor write letter for CBD oil. There is a provider close who delivers.

Jan 09, 2017 3:36 PM

Very hopeful for improvement in my quality of life.

Jan 09, 2017 3:53 PM

Me too Tamtoad. Will be interested in hearing how the compounded RX works as well as the CBD oil. Is that just available in states that have approved medical marijuana?

Jan 09, 2017 3:55 PM

I believe so. The providers require in depth letter from MD describing why I might benefit from its use. Then a valid CA I'D ID

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community