Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Quality of life.

Jan 05, 2017 12:07 PM

What is"quality of life" for you?
I I am thinking about this today after frustration at not being able to do what I have thought creates "quality" for me. More to come.....

Jan 05, 2017 1:19 PM

Quality of life.. Is a hard one to answer. I am having a rough time of it these past few days and get I am still able to find some quality in my life. Before I might have found it in the large things such as walking a few miles or completing a challenge. Today I find it in smaller things and realize that even the smaller items such as watching the sunset, or playing cards with my son etc. Can truly add quality to my life.

(((( hugs ))))
I just have to keep reminding myself of the many blessings I do have.

Jan 05, 2017 1:22 PM

I so love your ((((hugs)))). You are one of my blessingsπŸ‘§

Jan 05, 2017 1:23 PM

[[[[Hugs]]]] & γ€Šβ™‘γ€‹

Jan 05, 2017 1:24 PM

I have found myself continually redefining what 'quality of life' means to me. Ultimately, I just want to be the person my loved ones know will always be there to cheer them on and love them unconditionally. I have had to shift from wanting to share in their experiences, to taking joy in the knowledge that they have had fun together. I listen with rapt attention to every silly detail, because I want to be the voice in their heads that tells them "Yes, you can!" "You are worth it!" "Never give up!" If I can be that person to even one of my family members, then I will have lived a life of very high quality.

Jan 05, 2017 1:26 PM

That is awesome FatiguedFighter

Jan 06, 2017 5:09 PM

My quality of life socks today. I hurt all over clear up into my jaws. Lord have mercy! May have to take another pain pill & just hate doing that. I have a .been doing so well until the cold hit. This is new firmware me this year & I have had fibro over 30 years.πŸ˜£πŸ˜«πŸ˜›πŸ˜œπŸ˜to this pain ( I mean bleah raspberry bleah) !!‘‘##😑
Okay I need to get out of the house & get a relaxing massage. I don't have a tub so I will spray Magnesium topical & wrap up warmπŸ™‡πŸ™ŒπŸ™†πŸ™…also some gentle stretching. Anybody have some gentle hugs available? Need them about now.

Jan 06, 2017 5:13 PM

I'm so sorry you've hurting like that! The cold is totally kicking my trash today, too. I hope your plan helps!

Jan 06, 2017 5:33 PM

I understand about the cold as ice been getting since our cold snap before Christmas. My quality of life isn't what it was 7-8 years ago, when my hubby and I took trips where we hire all day in the mountains or at the beach, and work all day doing heavy lifting work. I now say I have quality life just being able to stand in the shower or to dry my hair or get to the doctor and back on my own, or walk outside with the dogs. I can still dress myself, cook simple small meals, drive short distances, go on short shopping trips. It's just different now than it was then. I can enjoy books and movie and visiting others, and like FatiguedFighter & Mimikay I can express joy and cheer my children and grandchildren on.

Sending you gentle ((((hugs))) love & prayers! πŸ™‚πŸ’•πŸ™πŸŒΈ

Jan 06, 2017 7:36 PM

I live in Arkansas but am currently visiting my son in Montana. It was 70 on Christmas day which is unusual even for Arkansas but I left the day after Christmas .. Right now it's 9F outside. I don't have any of the winter gear I had when I lived in Minnesota.

So am feeling it to. We went shopping today... Had to laugh. Its the first time since we got here that I have had to put on shoes.

((( hugs ))) everyone. My mom always tells me that this too shall pass. And ya know, she is right. Even the bad flairs eventually ease up. I hold on to that belief and that hope.

And the advice I always give myself. "Just breathe.."

Jan 06, 2017 11:00 PM

I feel I have no quality of life. I'm unable to do anything I use to three years ago. Not being able to sleep without the aid of medicine. Being in constant pain regardless of medicine. No one should have to live like this.

Jan 06, 2017 11:22 PM

One of the hardest things I had to do over the years was to re-define me. I know that feeling of not having any quality of life. :( it's why it is so important to replace the things you can no longer do with things you can do.

I started writing poetry and short essays. I found different craft things I could do. I started taking pictures. May not be the best but it makes me ☺.

Hang in there hun. I know it's hard but you will get through this. Your doctors will find a way to get your pain etc. to manageable levels and you will learn different coping skills to help you along the way. And you have all of us here to help you over the different hurdles life puts in your way. ((hugs))

Jan 07, 2017 9:53 AM

Tamtoad, gentle {{{Hugs}}} headed your way. I have been in pain for as many years as you and totally understand how draining it is. Hang in there, it will get better (and worse, and better). I'm sorry things are so bad right now. Chin up my fellow pain warrior, you're going to get through this!!πŸ€—πŸ’•

Jan 07, 2017 12:24 PM

Fatigue fighter, Mimikay, Flappys, new fibro girl, Alwayinpain we are this together. Thank you for the love & hugs. newfibrogirl...hang in as all have encouraged us to do. We are going to be better soon.

Jan 07, 2017 12:28 PM

newfibrogirl...horsesnuggler12 may be of help for you.
Search for her threads and responses. I find her inspirational.

Jan 13, 2017 4:20 PM

Tamtoad, isn't she though? She's wise beyond her young years and a lovely young lady.πŸ€—

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community