Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Quick update

Jan 14, 2017 10:48 AM

Hi guys,
Sorry I've been awol here lately. The only thing I can say right now is Oh funk, can they make up their mind Already?
Got a phone call late Thursday afternoon from my orthopedic surgeon. The response was not what I was expecting to hear. Yes, the pcl is torn as well (figures) and that will need to be fixed. I knew that was a possibility ahead of time. But the thing that threw me for a bit was the question of the mcl. She said it's scared down some but there's still a partial tear. Won't know if it needs to be fixed until surgery. Then apparently there was the question whether or not I also have a fracture in the femur as well that just wasn't visible originally. No biggie with that one either as it will probably be repaired as well during surgery. Just in it for the long haul now with this knee.

Jan 16, 2017 6:23 AM

Wow, Amanda you have had it rough. I pray that all goes well with your surgery and the recovery process goes well and uneventful. Take it easy girl. Loving and supportive Hug's and Prayer's headed your way!

Jan 16, 2017 2:52 PM

And to make things more interesting, saw the mri report. Apparently I tore the crap out of my meniscus as well.

Jan 16, 2017 3:37 PM

Oh wow, you've had it all thrown at you recently, I hope the surgery helps repair everything and will leave you with no pain xx

Jan 16, 2017 4:42 PM

Hang in there...sorry to hear about surprising news. Are you scheduled for surgery soon?

Jan 17, 2017 9:32 AM

Ouch hun. Have they scheduled the surgery?

Jan 21, 2017 5:09 PM

Tamtoad and Mimi, yes scheduled for 2/1 and it can't get here soon enough.

Jan 21, 2017 5:59 PM

Yikes! I will be sure to send some extra good thoughts your way. You had a crappy 2016. Let's all hope for a better 2017.

Jan 26, 2017 10:39 AM

Bless your heart Amanda! Praying they go ahead and do the surgery and you have an uneventful & complete recovery! Hugs & love 🙂💕🙏🌸

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community