Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Residential help

Sep 04, 2015 3:16 AM

Saw consultant yesterday and he confirmed that I have fibro and CFS which previous Dr decided to take 'label ' away from me. So happy I know dx. Anyway I'm in UK and he's decided to send me to residential care to tackle this as I'm in wheelchair and not much mobility. He wants me to get more mobil as I climb stairs on knee's. And don't walk outside but use walker indoors . Heard of physio etc and prog but not residential care. Wonder how long it would last. Anyone been there or heard of this?

Sep 04, 2015 9:38 AM

I'm in USA I've never heard of that. But it sounds like they will do physical therapy. It's important to stay as mobil as possible. I wish you lots of luck and blessings

Sep 04, 2015 12:33 PM

I'm also in the US. I had a similar program offered, but they call it something else. I don't know how long it would be, but I was told I could either do local PT, or spend up to 3 months in a hospital, and hopefully start walking. From what I was told, (at least the program I was told about) there would basically be little support (meds/family) so the only option is to get walking.
At least around here, that's only offered through the children's hospital. I don't know about other places, though.

Sep 04, 2015 12:50 PM

Ferritbandit well I can't seeing the NHS allowing someone to spend 3 mths in a home doing that! Mind you I wouldn't want to be away from my family that long

Sep 06, 2015 7:27 PM

It sounds like a PT/OT rehabilitation center. 🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community