Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Rough night...

Dec 17, 2016 9:57 PM

So today was the busies day I've had since surgery. And I didn't even leave the house. Had my uncle visit and he stays a while. Helped a little with lunch( just made a salad) and puttered around the house. So now I'm trying to sleep and weather is coming in and it feels like I'm being shocked and bitten by ants. This is a new type of pain since normally it's mostly joint and musle pain. I'm not sure what to do to help ease this pain.

Dec 17, 2016 11:29 PM

Sounds like a pain I'm all to familiar with. One time the shocks were being caused by the meds and those felt like someone hit me with a taser gun. The normal shocks i wish i could give u an answer for but not much helps mine. I just try to take melatonin and xanax til i fall asleep

Dec 17, 2016 11:34 PM

Yes..I know what u mean I use Ambien but used my last one one last night. The pain is beginning to reach the bone and feels like my upper arm is snapping in two. If I coukd just go to sleep. Plus my eyes are burning and tearing up. This is so frustrating. I hope you are able to get a good night's rest.

Dec 18, 2016 4:51 AM

Newfibrogirl that sounds like it could be an allergic reaction? They way you explain having the burning eyes and being bitten/shocked. Where is this new pain? X

Dec 18, 2016 4:57 AM

It's all over...whole body. Neck arms legs back I was thinking about the allergic thing.. but i can't think of anything I could have done. I do have several food allergies and as far as I know I was not in contact with my allergens.

Dec 18, 2016 7:30 AM

You can take a medicine before and then become allergic to it. That's happened to me before.

Dec 18, 2016 9:47 AM

Also was the weather bad at your house? Ever since my first surgery any change in the weather and im in extreme pain

Dec 18, 2016 1:49 PM

Omg! I think I'm having the same symptom as you the shocked being bitten by ants feeling. I was describing it as having a bad sunburn and my shirt toughing it but your description fits to as i lay here, it definitely feels like millions of little ants biting me. Its driving me crazy, it doesn't hurt as bad as my leg pain but it's new and unusual and I really want to know what's going on. What is causing it. Good luck to you, I hope you get some relief soon. Your definitely not alone. Please if you find out more, let me know!!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community