Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

RSD

Dec 03, 2014 10:05 PM

Hi all, was wondering who here might have RSD?

Dec 04, 2014 6:30 AM

I have it. In my right hand and wrist for the past four years. On my last doctor's appointment I was informed that it spread to my left foot and ankle.

Dec 04, 2014 9:07 AM

I have it primarily on my left side... I have it at the shoulder, across my back and the side of my leg. It has spread to a couple of spots on my right and a spot on my abdomen. It's rough.

Dec 04, 2014 10:59 AM

I have it mostly my left side from my neck through my left hand. It hasn't spread. However it hasn't been easy to cope with the pain and everyday life. But I have hope we will soon. I take one day at a time learning my limits has helped me with my family to understand.

Dec 06, 2014 5:14 AM

I have it, right hand and left hand

Dec 28, 2014 8:12 PM

I have it in my right hand/arm, it's a pain.

Dec 28, 2014 10:09 PM

What is RSD?

Dec 29, 2014 9:48 AM

It's reflex sympathetic dystrophy. It is a problem with your secondary nerves being hyper sensitive and sending signals of pain to the brain. If someone were to pinch my left arm, it would feel like I was stabbed and then it burns like a lit match was put on me... Almost like a bad bee sting. It's horrible and can spread on its own or manifest where you've had surgery. I even have it in my mouth now.

Dec 29, 2014 12:01 PM

Omg, I'm so sorry. I hate it when we become prisoners of our own body 😔

Dec 29, 2014 2:20 PM

No reason to be sorry.... We are all in the same boat together. Pain is pain and everyone's threshold for tolerance is different with different kinds of pain. We are ALL here to help one another. Always remember that you will never, ever be alone as long as you keep in touch with us!!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community