Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

RSD

Jun 13, 2016 8:34 AM

Wondering if there's anyone else here who has been diagnosed with RSD/CRPS with Fibro? I feel like I am all alone. I have one friend here who has the same diagnosis, but no one else. Wondering how other sufferers handle their daily intense pain.

Jun 13, 2016 12:32 PM

Did the onset happen after a surgery or trauma to a specific area??

Jun 13, 2016 1:30 PM

I have/had crps. Not fibro tho

Jun 13, 2016 3:33 PM

How have you been doing? And what meds are you taking?

Jun 13, 2016 6:03 PM

I have been diagnosed with all three. I think they were incorrect and just used as a catch all. In my case the pain and fatigue increased after a shoulder injury leading to surgical repair then my RA went bonkers. After all that I was taking chemo for a lovely leukemia that I have had since 1990 and my rheumatologist added methotrexate (another chemo agent) and plaquinol only to end up having to stop working which means no $$ and lost my insurance and short version could not pay for medication and lab work so I stopped everything. I am in a state that did not expand their medicaid programs so no help paying for insurance (Obama care). The daily joys of dealing with just one more thing while dealing with chronic pain. So the answer to your question is yes. As for dealing with the pain I have one doctor that I go to for pain medication and I pay cash. They only make me have very basic labs every 6 months. I have found a lab where I can order my own lab work without needing a doctors order and the cost is very reasonable.

Jun 14, 2016 1:00 AM

I have/had CRPS/RSD in my right foot. I've gotten differing opinions on whether my continuing pain is still RSD or not. I take Cymbalta and Celebrex. The Celebrex seems to help my non-RSD joints, which seem rheumatologic/AS. I have tried a lot of different meds before. Does anyone have residual pain in an RSD spot?

Jun 15, 2016 12:09 AM

I have RSD/CRPS. Was diagnosed many years ago by the lll. UHneurologist who ordered nerve conduction studies. I had it in the left side of my body and after several surgeries, I have it over much needWn

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community