Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

RSD/CRPS

Nov 10, 2015 9:35 AM

Is there anyone else here who has this? Just looking to find out what meds have worked for them. I am new here <3

Nov 10, 2015 9:39 AM

I am having issues with finding meds that will work. I know the pain will never be gone for good, but I need to find something that will work best of breakthrough meds. So I can talk with my dr when I get to pain clinic

Nov 10, 2015 10:53 AM

Chase39, I am so sorry you have been diagnosed with this horrendously debilitating disease. I DO have it and it takes up most of my body. I also have degenerative joint disease and degenerative disc disease along with over a dozen others that cause chronic irretractable pain. Know there are several meds for nerve pain such as lyrica, gabapenten, neuronton, Cymbalta, etc.. I have to say though that I have been on all of those and either they didn't work or they caused such horrible side effects that I had to stop taking them. There are folks here in the community that have success with some of these meds. They will respond to you as soon as they see your post. Welcome to our community. I hope you find us helpful and that you settle in and join us for the long haul. It's a great place for support, information, company, venting, etc. there are never any judgements here as we all understand because we live it every day. Sending you best regards, a welcome {{{Hug}}} and prayers for a better day and finding a treatment that works for you.๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š

Nov 10, 2015 11:58 AM

Thank you so much. I am on 1200 mg gabapentin 3 x daily, nortriptyline, and a narcotic pain med. I also have fibromyalgia, which doesn't help. Right now my RSD is in my hands ..palms to be more specific. It makes it so hard for me to do my job. Got to a pain dr in dec hoping for some answers there and maybe some BTM to make it through the day. I also have endometriosis but I am having surgery on friday to take care of that. It's been a long battle ...but I will find a way to make it through. Best of luck to you also. And great to meet you !!!!

Nov 10, 2015 12:05 PM

Great to meet you as well. There are other folks here that have endometriosis and have had surgery for it. I'll be praying for you that the surgery is successful. You'll be in my prayers! {{{Hugs}}}๐Ÿ’•

Nov 10, 2015 12:55 PM

Welcome Chase,
I also just recently had diagnostic surgery for endometriosis, but unfortunately once he got in there, nothing. He then told me last week that just because there is no visible evidence, doesn't mean there isn't endo there. Which kind of stinks. I do understand the long battle. I've been struggling with getting a diagnosis as well, since 2009 I believe. Fortunately found a wonderful, compassionate, and Alwayz, can we add handsome as well? Welcome to our family.

Nov 10, 2015 1:05 PM

LOL!! Yes, Amanda, you sure can add handsome to the list about your doctor.๐Ÿ˜

Nov 10, 2015 6:10 PM

I have both rsd/CRPS and Fibromyalgia Im on lyrica and cymbalta both. It works a lot better for me than neurotin.

Nov 10, 2015 7:55 PM

Welcome Chase39! I don't have a dx of RSD/CRPS. But I wanted to welcome you. Many here do have it and as they are your post you'll get helpful replies. I hope you find the community as helpful as most of us have. Good luck! You'll be in my thoughts & prayers. ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒผ

Nov 10, 2015 8:28 PM

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply. It means a lot to me. Most days I feel so alone and mu anxiety and depression kick in full force....I hope to get that under control as well. One thing at a time โ™กโ™กโ™ก

Nov 10, 2015 8:30 PM

I find slow deep breathing & relaxation music or Christian music (modern pop style) helps me relax when I'm anxious.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community