Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Scared

Jun 07, 2018 1:15 PM

Hi I'm Julie. Seeing a neurologist on 11th July. Seems I may have MS. I also have EDS, Fibromyalgia and Arthritis In various places. I also have G.A.D & S.A.D

Jun 07, 2018 1:55 PM

Hi. I'm Steph. Fibro and arthritis in knees and hips 2nd a host of various other conditions. I've had fibro 20+ years and honestly I've had crappy luck with doctors in Indiana. I see my pain doc next week and I've been hearing a lot about CBD Oil. Its legal in most states. Idk if it is in Indiana or not, and if it is idk if my pain doc will allow me to try it or it'll break my narcotic contract. I pray he lets me try it cuz from what I've read and heard, it has been a lifesaver to many for pain, anxiety and sleep. Alot of what we deal with. Its my hope at this point. Good luck and I pray u don't have MS also. Good luck.

Jun 18, 2018 8:22 PM

Tinker, I think I am probably feeling the same as you. In March my family doctor gave me the dx of " fibro or MS". I kid you not. I blurted out I'll take fibro if this is a choice. Why did I say that? My neice has fibro, I can see that illness. MS is much worse mainly cause the research I have done is so vague. Plus I know no one personally with it. So after sitting on this , I finally asked in one of my support groups. I have connected with a lady who answers my questions thoughtfully and honestly. Now I am not as scared as before. Fibro and MS have very simuliar symptoms at the onset. If you have not joined a group for EDs, find one and ask.

Jun 18, 2018 9:52 PM

Hi Julie, CBD is legal in every state because there is no THC in it. I know it is hard not to be scared but breath and wait until the testing is complete. We are all here for support and have been in the same boat before with being scared of what they may find. There are many autoimmune diseases that all mimic eachother. I do not have MS but do have a list of my own... RA, OA, Chronic pain syndrome, fibro, all of my T-spine is fused and I have 22 inches of stainless steel in my back, Essential thrombocytosis (leukemia that causes me to have 4 times the number of platelets than others) the treatment is crappy chemo and I refuse to take anymore ever! So I have been following The Wahls Protocol it is written by a Dr. Wahls and she has MS and was wheelchair bound and because of this diet she is walking and in remission. The book is a very easy read and the diet is very sensible and healthy. I highly reccomed it to anyone with any autoimmune issues. Since I have been mostly following it I have been able to wean off my pain medication. Check your private messages. It seems you are using Catch My Pain and not Pain Companion which has messaging abilities. They are sister apps.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community