Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Sciatica

Feb 04, 2017 5:40 AM

I recently began to see a significant improvement in back and sciatic pain decreasing. Through therapy. On Tues I accidently aggravated the sciatic nerve. Made worse by the neuropathy I suffer from to as the sciatica is from mid butt down into feet..... I have noticed I have become anxious and on edge also.... This anxiety is new usually I stoically deal with it.... I am meditating doing pain management by documenting it and doing all sorts of CBT to decrease it.... Does anyone else get anxious and sick to the stomach with it. If so what do you do to take this away.

Feb 04, 2017 2:22 PM

Xanax abc just learning over time what it is and how to control it, mine go m got so bad when i was younger that i became agoraphobic for awhile. It really becomes a battle with your own mind and convincing yourself it's just anxiety

Feb 04, 2017 3:16 PM

also i suffer from severe sciatica, i made the mistake of putting off the surgery at L-5/S-1 to fix it when i was younger and now it is permanently damaged. Between spinal issues, ms, and fibro in looking at wheel chair in my near future

Feb 06, 2017 11:15 AM

I agree with the xanax! , also when the nerve discomfort gets really bad I have the husband start just above the ankle and dig into the leg until he finds the nerve at its worst then massage up the leg. This chases it back up for a few hours, and then add the heat. Some use ice but that causes the area to cramp.

Feb 06, 2017 11:17 AM

I only use the xanax at its lowest dose and cut that in half, and only one every day or two, not like prescribed,. It causes early dementia and my doc only gives me 10 every 6 months

Feb 06, 2017 3:33 PM

Practice mindfulness. At first I didn't have high hopes. But I noticed that I can b very patient. Ppl and circumstances will test your progress when u start it but that's how you 'practice' it.
Also helps take you're attention away from yourself and you're pain and suffering, which is what overwhelmes us.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community