Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Severe pelvic pain

Jul 12, 2016 6:15 PM

I was hit by a car while walking back in feb 2013. Since then i had aquire symptoms such as heavy incontinence at night and light leaks during the day. Biggest problem is the severe pain i get in the lower back down in the rectal are spreading into my legs.

The first couple weeks after the accident it was just hip pains. Since then it has gotten way worse. I have seen many doctors, nothing is wrong visably. Seen a urologist for incontinence, nothing is damaged. My next step i was told by my doctor and lawyer is to seek a pain management specialist and file for disability because it has affected my work habits.

Jul 12, 2016 9:50 PM

Driver on, I'm so sorry to hear this. Are they sure your tailbone address of the spine& nerves weren't damaged? My other thought is pelvic congestion syndrome-PCS (congested pelvic veins that cause lots of p pain & problems) or pelvic floor dysfunction. A urogynecologist can dx either but it takes an MRI with due to see the PCS. Hugs & prayers they find the cause and treatment soon! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Jul 12, 2016 10:08 PM

They havent found anything yet. Im a male, isnt a urogyno females? I have no clue what to do or ask for. I have had an MRI

Jul 13, 2016 3:14 AM

Hi D... bummer that some idiot hit u! Was ur MRI normal... or inconclusive? I have severe pelvic pain and i have just discovered dry needle therapy to be really helpfull... my acupuncturist does it for me. It has an accumulative effect like acupuncture... its very good. He did my hip and lumbar/sacro area yesterday... and i can walk much better today since he released the muscles. 🐫 i hope u find some relief soon D x

Jul 13, 2016 7:09 AM

Overall normal.

Jul 13, 2016 7:46 AM

Sometimes mri can show distortion and a CT can be an effective backup... just a thought 🤔

Jul 13, 2016 7:48 AM

I have had it all. Mri,ct, colonoscopy, cystoscopy, xray, ultrasound

Jul 13, 2016 10:08 AM

Driver on, although usually a female problem, men can get pelvic congested veins. I'll post s some info at the end. A urogynecologist is for ladies, but I guess the urologic would be a place to start for an exam of pelvic floor dysfunction; or your PCP. PFD is where the muscles, tendons, & ligaments in the pelvic region get drawn thought and begin to cause pain, as well as bowel & bladder functions. Take a look at the link info.


Jul 13, 2016 10:29 AM

Sounds similar

Jul 13, 2016 10:43 AM

Print out the info & share it with your primary. It takes an MRI with due to see it. The treatment was fairly simple; closed off 11 veins with titanium coils and I came right home with no problems. I rested 3-5 days and when I went walking in the store I felt an immediate relief from the pressure & pain. Hugs & prayers you can get answers! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community