Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Sinus pain

Jan 03, 2017 5:31 PM

Does anyone else get daily sinus pain? Last week I had headaches and sometimes my sinuses would bother me. Now every night my sinuses hurt. I am not stuffed up or sick though.

Jan 03, 2017 6:44 PM

My husband does and has for years. In researching info on this it might be a food allergy. Later this year were looking at having him go through a battery of allergy tests to at least rule it out. We tried an allergy free diet for a few weeks last year and he improved but we didn't stick with it.

Jan 04, 2017 2:41 PM

Yes for which I take plain Mucinex 12 hour at bedtime. I use a CPAP (breathing machine for sleep apnea). So I get more sinus pain of I don't use the Mucinex & Drink lots of Water.

Jan 05, 2017 12:25 AM

My sister suffers with this and the sinus pain affects her ears and makes her dizzy and nauseous as well.

She takes a 1 a day antihistamine for hayfever every morning but if she forgets to take it before lunch time she gets the sinus headache from hell and the dizziness and nausea she hates as you can imagine....it's very much like vertigo.

She can't function with it all, even if she takes the antihistamine afterwards it has no effect because by that time all the symptoms are there. The antihistamine prevents the pain and vertigo but can't treat them so she has to take ibuprofen to reduce the sinus pain and a travel sickness tablet to combat the dizziness and nausea then has to take a nap. The symptoms aren't gone but are greatly reduced then she has to start all over again the next day.

For her it's a constant battle to prevent rather than treat.

I will tell her about the food allergy to see if she's heard of it or been tested for it as there is food intolerance in the family.....my mum gets terrible headaches from having too much dairy so she has soya milk and very rarely eats chocolate and she has to limit her bread and pasta because it bloats her out and makes her look pregnant so she buys the free from stuff. She says the pasta is ok but the bread can taste like cardboard but the seeded breads don't seem to affect as much....my daughter is intolerant to any citrus orange, so anything from satsumas, clementines to oranges in any form including juice and squash to even jaffa cakes gives her terrible stomach cramps and either diarrhoea or vomiting (normally the diarrhoea tho).

I hope you find some relief soon and sending you positive vibes and warm healing hugs xx

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community