Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Sleep Paralysis

Nov 22, 2016 12:57 AM

What's the term for what I'm feeling? I'm trying to research it before talking to my dr and giving him all the facts.

When I sleep my spine feels like it's solidifying and I often times wake up unable to move at all. I'm not dreaming or sleeping and I can breathe, I just can't move my back. It's horrible. I wake up screaming and trying to move and I can finally, slowly move and loosen up again to a bearable position.

What does this sound like? Anyone have this problem?

Nov 25, 2016 4:55 AM

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which an individual, either during falling asleep or awakening, briefly experiences an inability to move, speak, or react. This is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep, characterized by an inability to move muscles.

Nov 25, 2016 4:55 AM

Locked-in syndrome (LIS) is a condition in which a patient is aware but cannot move or communicate verbally due to complete paralysis of nearly all voluntary muscles in the body except for the eyes.

Nov 25, 2016 4:57 AM

Hi sweetie... 🌷
just thought i would reply as noone else has of yet. I suffer from both of these... the former does sound like what u described 😚

Nov 25, 2016 5:16 AM

Sorry my phone is spazing out as i try to post πŸ˜„...

Try to relax when it happens πŸ€— and breathe. Concentrate on the mantra...😚

"IT WILL PASS!"

Over and over in ur mind. 😊Relax ur body slowly and dont be afraid...πŸ€— know that im with u... πŸ€—and that it will pass. 😊Breathe slowly and deeply 😚and u will be able to move again πŸ€— in ur own time it will become easier to pass thru πŸ€—

Nov 25, 2016 5:20 AM

I hope this helps u angel 😚
Sorry for the multiple posts 😢

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community