Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

sleep study

Nov 09, 2015 4:47 PM

I am going for my sleep study tonight. Has anyone had one done? What should I expect?

Nov 09, 2015 5:04 PM

Expect not to get a whole lot of sleep. Lots of wires, etc. Also be prepared that if you start having bouts of sleep apnea, they will wake you up to put a CPAP mask on. Wear comfy pjs, etc.

Nov 09, 2015 5:05 PM

My husband went for one. They hook all kinds of gadgets up to you and watch you all night. Don't say nothing on the phone you don't want anyone else hearing, lol

Nov 09, 2015 5:15 PM

I'm turning my phone off when I get there. So basically, I'll get the same amount of sleep as I do now but with wires on me. When I'm in the hospital I'm usually hooked up to everything they can find and an iv to boot, so I don't think that will bother me. Thanks for the info

Nov 09, 2015 5:16 PM

You will be fine. The one I went to was like a resort!

Nov 09, 2015 5:30 PM

Thanks. When I went for my consult, the room was like a5 star hotel. They even have Jacuzzi tubs in them.

Nov 09, 2015 8:14 PM

Bring sleep aides if you have trouble falling asleep. If you don't have trouble falling asleep, it will be no sweat once you get used to all the chords.

Sweet dreams.

Aug 11, 2016 11:28 PM

Ive gone....brutal...no sleep...wires..... i had severe anxiety...rooms were unwelcoming. Woke me up at 5am to go home......no sleep and kick u out at 5am!!!!! Awful!!! They scared me!!!

Aug 11, 2016 11:34 PM

Many offices are doing the "in home" sleep studies now. I need to have one and I think I actually prefer in my own bed. We'll see.
Let us know how it goes. 😴😴

Aug 11, 2016 11:40 PM

I wish they gave me that option. That would be great if they do that

Aug 11, 2016 11:53 PM

It does seem to be a better way to do it.y brother will be having one done soon. I'll try to remember to let you know how it goes after he is done.

Aug 12, 2016 12:16 AM

Sounds great thanks

Aug 12, 2016 1:48 AM

I got to do mine at home, the wiring is completely ridiculous. If I had to do this in a sleep study place of probably stare at the ceiling for 6 hours

Aug 12, 2016 2:38 AM

But u look so gorge FP! 😉😉😉

Aug 12, 2016 7:20 AM

Yes ....thats what i did...stared at walls. Lights out at 11pm. Lol. When you have insomnia from fibro.... lights out doesnt work.lol

Aug 12, 2016 1:16 PM

I'd be staring at the ceiling for 6 hours at home with all that shit on me.. You had to go get hooked up and drive home like that?? You brave, wonderful woman you are!! 😊😂

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community