Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Sleeping struggles

May 04, 2017 10:32 PM

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I have struggled with it since late 2015... I spent alot of time getting tests done, and finally got a diagnoses, about a year later. However, I am under 18, and have been told... that I need to go to a pain clinic to help manage my pain, but can't until I'm 18. I'm take amytriptalin to help with it... But I'm still struggling with the pain. But the worst thing to deal with is sleep. I dont often sleep in that remstate. It seems that my body is in to much pain to... I have been test for sleep ap. And everything. They say nothing is wrong. It is so exhuasting to have to go everyday so tired that i feel i can bearly function.. My question is, does anyone have any advise, or at home remedies to help with this sleeping problem?
This is my first time posting anywhere.. sorry if it's to long or anything.. or if I'm not supposed to ask question vs. Making a topic.
Thanks!!

May 05, 2017 4:34 AM

Welcome Michaela22 to the community. You can ask questions, rant whatever you want. We're here for you. Have you tried soaking in warm tub with 1-2 cups Epsom salts. I have the same problem as you for sleeping. I took trazadone and temazapam for a long time. They don't work anymore. I take Ambien now.

May 05, 2017 6:34 AM

Looking into sleep therapy (which I learnt from the pain management programme!) might help, try maintain a set bed time, ditch the touchscreen devices and make sure there's no bright ceiling lights before bed, try use low level lamps etc instead. Look into mindfulness which can bring a more relaxed state which can aid sleep- my favourite free app is Stop Think Breathe :)

May 13, 2017 2:16 PM

Magnesium! I found this coconut oil & magnesium oil lotion on Etsy. Apply on feet before bed, helps greatly with my sleep! Better than my nightly Gabapentin!

May 13, 2017 4:39 PM

Best of luck to you in this. Less caffeine during the day n try some sleepy time tea. It works for some people. I have the same issue but have yet to find something but yhe tea may help you for a lil bit. Personally i just wait for my body to crash . its not healthy to do tht though so i would try other stuff too. Valerian root is used fir nerve pain as well as anxeity n sleep considering u age talk to your dictor bout it first

May 13, 2017 6:16 PM

Have you guys tried Yogi Kava tea? I find it at Jewel Osco & it naturally makes me sleepy.

May 13, 2017 8:11 PM

There is an awesome free app called Pizizz. It helps with insomnia though guided meditations that you can customize. It helped me with sleep issues, and now I don't need the app bc I remember what he says and I go over it before sleep.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community