Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

So cold

Jun 15, 2016 1:15 AM

I have episodes where I initially sit or lie down out of fatigue, and then start to feel cold. The cold becomes the overwhelming factor and I then can't move for about an hour. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this autonomic dysfunction? A complication of fatigue?

Jun 15, 2016 3:10 PM

Invisiblepain, I do this sometimes, especially when I size off or fall asleep. I've always thought it had to do with slower breathing when I sleep. πŸ™‚πŸ’•πŸ™πŸŒΌ

Jun 15, 2016 11:42 PM

I am 48. I get cold episodes. I use a heating pad or electric blanket. Socks, mitts, touques. Heating pad at feet, pelvis, chest, head helps me. It does happen more if I am still. I dress in layers. I have cold and hot flashes. Hot beverage, bath, or foot bath.
Beets

Jun 16, 2016 9:38 AM

Invisiblepain, do you have thyroid issues? I'm hypothyroidism and before I was started on meds I was doing the chills, hot flash, chills ...

Jun 16, 2016 10:38 AM

I have the same issues. I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease several years back and I was always warm and had all this energy and couldn't sleep for days on end. They took my thyroid, threw my body into a tailspin and now I get chilled VERY easily. Then I cover up and start to sweat and take the cover off and get a chill and then I end up hot and cold at the same time!! It's frustrating at best. I hope the doctor can find what the problem is and help you get some relief. I got better but now I'm dealing with menopause.. YAYπŸ™„πŸ˜œ!! Oh well, such is life, it's happening all over again. I feel for you. {{{Hugs}}} πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ»πŸŒ»πŸ˜Š

Jun 16, 2016 7:35 PM

Thank you! I will go get my labs checked.

Jun 16, 2016 10:28 PM

I do have hypothyroidism and am going through peri menopause/ menopause.
Beets

Jun 16, 2016 10:44 PM

Oh my gosh! Invisible pain and flappies and all!!! My docs, every one of them, just gave me a blank stare when they asked about hot flashes and I said, "No, I have cold flashes." It wakes me every night and happens sometimes during the day.

Like you, @alwayzinpain I know the hot and cold at the same time feeling!

I went through menopause in my forties and I'll be 60 soon. I've had my thyroid checked multiple times. Why did they take yours!? I've also had those days of crazy energy and can't sleep (not recently😞, could use a couple now). If Anyone hears of a reason, please let us know.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community