Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

So much pain

Apr 30, 2016 8:45 PM

I feel like I was hit by a bus, and then you know the scene in princess bride when they are sucking the life force out of wesley? That. Over the counter pain medicine not touching a thing, took a two hour nap at 2:00. I feel like I am not going to make it. I just needed to say that to you guys because I am to chicken to tell anyone else. Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Apr 30, 2016 8:51 PM

What kind of pain? Your talking to pain experts when you come here-surely there's suggestions that can help!

Apr 30, 2016 8:57 PM

Asia, I am so sorry you are hurting so bad. I do know about pain that terrible. Tell me how it progressed to this point if you want to. I have had a pretty bad few days, too. Not as bad as you, so I am feeling my blessings. I hope you can find something, one thing , to make you feel better. 💜

Apr 30, 2016 10:42 PM

I probably have fibromyalgia. I have been suffering from random unexplained pain, and severe fatigue as well as other symptoms that I didn't think we're related for two years. I didn't ever put it all together until this recent flare-up (ongoing) when all of the symptoms were at the same time and I did some research. I am partly glad that I probably don't have a million other things wrong with me l, but also overwhelmed by the pain. I just keep pushing myself because I am afraid to admit defeat. I am going to make a doctor's appointment soon. Thanks for the support. I know it is just hurting myself to put on a brave face and not tell anyone I am hurting, but old habits die hard :-/

May 01, 2016 1:18 AM

Asia, the fibro people in this community have all kinds of of tried methods of pain soothing, I say soothing because , as we all know, the pain never goes away. We just try to learn coping skills. Everyone has dark days in this group. It is a good thing that we are not all having them at the same time! It helps to post about it if you can. I hope you will see your doctor & start the medical ball rolling. I have to decide if I am going to abandon my clinic & move on. I want to be smart about this decision & not do it because someone was filthy to me. So I guess that means a pro/con list & thinking harder that I want to about what I need in a doctor, & also what I will I need from myself. Putting on the big girl undies. Look after yourself, Asia. 🌷

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community