Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

So much pain

May 17, 2016 11:01 PM

I been in so much pain and. My right knee I need ideas what should I do I'm 14 do want to deal with this for my rest of my life pls help

May 18, 2016 12:31 AM

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. You don't say, but the best thing is to go see your doctor first. You're very young to be having knee pain. (Unless you've been in some sort of accident)
Nanci

May 18, 2016 1:30 AM

Hi @unhappy and Nanci. Yes I agree, talk to your docs, family anyone who could truly help. Keep talking until someone listens and you get action. Do write down what's hurting with all the details you can think of, even the ones that don't make sense or seem not connected... some small detail may click with a doc who will then know what to look for. Keep coming back.

May 18, 2016 9:07 AM

Go see your family doc. Have him check it out it might not be nothing

May 18, 2016 7:21 PM

Have you seen multiple doctors yet? I'm 15, and there was a whole process of finding docs who will not just shrug me off because "you're a teenager. you just want drugs."

Also, what happened to your knee? One of my friend's knee was injured and just pops out of the socket. It hurts a lot. I don't know what happened.

May 19, 2016 8:14 AM

I'm 17. I've had this since about 14. It's tough I know. The important thing is to find a good doctor that you like and trust. I had to go through tonnes of them!
Also, as Ferrit bandit said, some doctors just assume your a druggie and try to ignore you. If you get one of them, change doctors immediately! I wasted to much time on a doctor that ended up telling me "we can't help you anymore" when actually there were tonnes of physical, psychological and medical/drug treatments avaliable. An example of this, I asked for a medication called Pregabalin (Lyrica) 2 years ago, a drug that all the doctors I saw knew might help me and just didn't want to give. Anyway, I finally got it a few months ago and it works far better for me than what I was on a while ago Gabapentin (Neurontin).
Please private message me! I will do everything I can for you because no one should have to go through what I and many others had to just to get adequate medical care.

May 19, 2016 3:27 PM

Unhappy, I'm sorry you are going through this. Have you fallen on your knee? that may have caused an injury. My daughter was dx with chondromalacia at age 13, along with growing pains. And that's painful in itself, because her bones were growing too fast, but within 2 years her growth leveled out and the growing pains eased off. She still has chondromalacia, which causes the kneecap to slide out of place. I hope you will go see your doctor soon and get some answers& relief. Hugs& prayers! 🙂💕🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community