Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Struggling

Aug 15, 2017 7:30 PM

Hi everyone 😊 I'm struggling at the moment to come to terms with how disabled I'm becoming. My illnesses have got so much worse this year I'm already having to use a wheelchair and I hate using that but now I'm having to go into the process of applying for a stairlift and I'm so embarrassed that I'm going to need one but I keep falling at the top of the stairs and a couple of weeks ago I ended up falling down theme and banging my head. Also I'm really scared for my family to find out I'm getting one as there not very supportive and I'm scared they will laugh at me. Thanks for reading my little vent πŸ’•

Aug 15, 2017 9:59 PM

LittleLola I am sorry you are going through so much! You shouldn't feel embarrassed about the stairlift! Nobody understands the pain and problems you experience but you! We understand here and will support you! Please feel free to pm Me at anytime! Gentle hugs!!πŸ€—πŸ’•

Aug 15, 2017 10:00 PM

Thank you @Christmas7 I know I shouldn't be embarrassed I just didn't think I would ever need one, I will PM sometime soon πŸ’•

Aug 15, 2017 10:51 PM

I didn't think I would need a cane or a walker either! It is just something we need to get used to. Don't let anybody make you feel less than a person! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

Aug 15, 2017 11:02 PM

@Christmas Thank you, I'm slowly getting used to it πŸ’•

Aug 15, 2017 11:19 PM

I'm so sorry to hear you're not getting the support you deserve! You and I have been chatting in the messages and I can honestly say that you deserve better. So here's my take: if they laugh, tell them to piss off. Ask them how they'd feel to come home to find you at the bottom of the stairs broken and/or dead. Tell them that if they can't support you, then they are weighing you down. You need help not hindrance. And you deserve ppl who Care enough to want what's best for you. You know I'm here (when I'm awake.... Not longer tonight, unless you need me to be) sending hugs, prayers and healing thoughts from the US! ❀

Aug 15, 2017 11:39 PM

@PhoenixRising Thank you so much 😊 That's a good way of putting it! I will message you tomorrow πŸ’• Thank you for the support on here it helps make up for what I don't get from my family 😊

Aug 15, 2017 11:52 PM

@LittleLola. ☺ Sweet girl. . πŸ’•πŸ’• I'm really sorry you are going through this. Plz don't feel embarrassed for needing a stairlift. In life we have to do what we have to, so we can survive. We all are here for you and will support you every step of the way . Stay Strong and don't let anything or anyone get in your way . 😊😊 sending prayer your way.

Aug 16, 2017 12:08 AM

@WesternGirl Thank you 😊Your such a lovely person and always give me great supportπŸ’•

Aug 16, 2017 12:11 AM

I will always be by your side 😊😊

Aug 16, 2017 12:18 AM

πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•πŸ’•

Aug 16, 2017 1:27 AM

Hang in there!! You are stronger than you think and we are here for you!!πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—

Aug 16, 2017 8:42 AM

Littlelola you are the strongest person I know. All the health issues and you still have a beautiful spirit about you. You do what you have to do to get around AND be safe. Falling down the stairs again is not an option. On the other side of the coin, maybe your family will see just how dire your situation is if you get a lift chair and have a change of mind and be super supportive. That will be my prayer for you AND your family! β€οΈπŸ™

Aug 16, 2017 9:22 AM

@Frustrated Thank you so so much, I know falling down them is not a option so I'm slowly getting used to the idea πŸ’• Thank you

Aug 16, 2017 4:52 PM

I'm feeling a lot better about having to get a stair lift I'm trying to see at as something that's going to improve my quality of life and if people don't like that then there not with my time, Thank you everyone for helping me realise that πŸ’–

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community