Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

supplements?

Sep 24, 2015 3:02 PM

I was wondering if anyone had advice about supplements. Keep in mind two things: I live in the US (Pennsylvania) and I'm deathly allergic to lactose.

There's two problems that I specifically think could be helped by supplements, but I'm just not sure what ones to take.
First, is... my hormones suck. I've always had HORRIBLE PMS symptoms and terrible cramps. It just seems like I'm possessed the week before my period. For a year I was on the depo provera shot (as a birth control). I've been off the shot since January but have still not re-started my pd. I really don't want the drs to start messing with my hormones again, so if anyone knows of a supplement that could maybe help,my body get its rhythm back on its own, that would be great.

Secondly, I'm developing type 2 diabetes. This is another thing where, every time drs try to mess with this (put me on pills) it messes my entire body up. The last pill they put me on was Prandin, which my Dr ASSURED me would not cause my sugar to drop. Well, she was dead wrong. It dropped so hard and so fast I almost wrecked my car. So, I need something to help me digest sugars better? Or help my pancreas? Or something? I don't know if this effects anything, but I had my gall bladder removed at age 20.

So, I'm off to do some internet research, but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Sep 24, 2015 3:20 PM

As to the present diabetes you need to eat a good balance ed diet,avoid carbs as much as possible. Use Stevie as your sweetner, honey is good also but it needs to be unfiltered . I buy honey with the comb inside unfiltered it is so good in hot tea, peanut butter also. I live in East Texas. If you know any bee keepers you could buy it straight from the hive. You need to stop drinking soft drinks even diet they will not help you. I stopped drinking diet soft drinks 5 years ago. It's not that hard. I drink Sobe lifewater now.

Sep 24, 2015 3:26 PM

Stevia not Stevie.I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you what suppliment to help straighten out your menses. Talk to you Ob/Gyn, to suggest what would be the best to take. Your Pharmacist might be able to make some suggestions also. Good Luck

Sep 24, 2015 4:53 PM

I'm in Australia so I don't know if this will be of any use to you? Blackmores Pharmaceutical bring out a supp. called Sugar Balance, which is known to help your body deal with the imbalance that leads to diabeties. Unsure of how it works, maybe a naturopathic store could help? Cheers

Sep 24, 2015 7:56 PM

As to hormones, there's a book my dad told me to read, I think it's called hormone balance made simple, and it talks about natural vs synthetic hormones, from progesterone to estrogen, and has charts to help you figure out which hormones have imbalances, while avoiding the side effects of cancers.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community