Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

supplements

Oct 04, 2015 8:53 PM

I posted asking about supplements awhile back. Just letting you know I had my chiropractor/ nutritionist suggest a multi-zyme (As in, enzyme) supplement to help with my digestion, liver, and pancreas (I'm borderline diabetic but don't want to be stuck on meds for that).

Also, I've found what's been used as a "cure-all" for women's hormone issues called chaste tree berry. I'm hoping this restarts my period (don't EVER get talked into those depo provera shots as birth control). I've been off those shots for 10 months now and I'm still waiting for a period.

I'm hopeful about these supplements. I'll let you guys know how they work. I assume I won't notice anything for at least a month.

Oct 04, 2015 8:58 PM

Keep us posted!! I wish you all the best and hope that the supplements work for you. What is the name of the enzyme?

Oct 05, 2015 8:57 AM

It's a mix of enzymes called enzycore By Standard Process.

Oct 05, 2015 6:26 PM

Kitty, I hear you on the Depo. No way hosie! Gained close to 80 pounds and it just made everything worse!!!!

Oct 05, 2015 8:40 PM

I have taken several products from Standard Process they have all been fantastic. I have NOT taken this one. However you can usually find their products on Amazon :)

Oct 08, 2015 7:22 PM

LMB, I'm lucky bc I have both my chiropractor and my physical therapist that uses Standard Process. Plus, this little town near me is basically a supplement store (SO many brands and types). So getting my hands on them is the easy part. So far I haven't really noticed a difference in anything with the enzymes, but I'm not really sure if anything will be noticeable until I get blood work again in Dec. I'm praying not to cross into diabetic-land.

For the other one, I probably won't notice anything for a couple more weeks. I've never hoped for a period before! Lol

Oct 08, 2015 9:53 PM

@kittypain- control what you can control. By that I mean watch your diet closely and you should be able to avoid it. The factors we cannot control are: genetics, sex, age, ethnicity. Factors that we can control are: exercising, not smoking, eating healthy, healthy blood pressure (taking medication if needed) and keeping ourselves healthy preventive care.

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community