Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Surgery

Nov 29, 2016 8:07 PM

Saw my Spine Surgeon today, having a hard time absorbing the news, yet, I knew this was coming.. L2-3 a mess. Tons inflammation and injections, steroids, meds not helping. Thoracic area, hopeful for nerve ablation! Can't do surgery until Feb,? March? How do I tell my work place I need 6-8wks off? I need my rotator cuff don as well.. The last job I had, I lost because I had 3 surgeries in 8 months and got septic, picc line x 4, blood cloth, Ibuprofen x 2 and couldn't clear infection nearly a year! Sooo Afraid to go down this road! Looking at putting off til February, maybe March if I can stand It, and come up with a plan for work?? Anyone else have problems in past with employment and time off? I Am In Healthcare!!

Nov 29, 2016 8:09 PM

Sorry, autocorrect.. Blood clot, ICU x 2

Nov 30, 2016 6:34 PM

Mich60, I'm so sorry to hear what you are facing all at once. I'll be praying everything goes well without any infections to follow! Are you full time where you can put in for FMLA (family medical leave act)? If so you get up to 12 weeks where they must hold your position. After that they can place you in another position or let you go. If not, just be honest about your needs, while letting them know how much you like your job and plan to return asap. Hopefully they'll be more understanding than your last employer.

Try to focus and stay positive, even as scary as it sounds. Positive thinking goes a long way to keep fear at bay. I've had 2 surgeries this year myself and facing at least 2 more, so I know where you're coming from. I left work in July 2010 for abdominal surgery on a mass. It turned out to be 5 in 1 operations so I had to quit because I needed a year to recuperate. I've never been able to return trip any job due to a downward spiral of my overall health with multiple new diagnoses problems. I'm awaiting disability now. I understand the fear, anxiety & depression that comes with it all. Hugs love and prayers as you find the support you need to get through this! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Dec 01, 2016 5:38 AM

Flappys, thanks! You have remained positive and inspiring! You give me hope! 💖

Dec 01, 2016 2:30 PM

Mich, I've actually been struggling with a deeper depression the past two months. I guess because it seemed everything was happening all at once. But getting back online (finally!) reminded me I'm not flying solo. Lol, it sure felt like I was though. I try to stay positive, but sometimes it's just harder than others. I find inspiration & support from the community, which is great. I don't know where is be had I not stumbled across it several years ago. Hugs love & prayers for a good day! 🙂🙏🌸

Dec 02, 2016 12:09 PM

Mich60, your well being HAS to come first. I can sympathize with what you went through because I had that happen in 2012 but I was already out of work on disability.. if you keep putting it off, you won't be able to function to go to a job. Take care of YOU!! I know it's scary and there's bills and shit but you have to take care of your health. Sending well wishes, gentle {{{Hugs}}}, positive vibes and good karma your way!!🤗💕

Dec 02, 2016 3:06 PM

You're not alone, and will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Wishing you luck for the upcoming surgery!

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community