Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Surgery

May 15, 2017 8:21 PM

Hello everyone. Next month I am going to have a hysterectomy and Even tho I'm excited about it because It is suppose to take away a lot of pain.

I am also nervous of the unknown. Like How different will I be after (mood wise ) I am bipolar so I am nervous on How that all will effect me if at all. . I see my doc before hand but it seems far away and lots of questions keeps going through my mind. A lot of what ifs and I know I shouldn't do that but can't control my raising thoughts .

Well I guess I had to just vent and maybe some ease until my doc appointment next month

Thank you all in advances

May 15, 2017 11:05 PM

Write down every question that pops into your head. Maybe you can get a few answers beforehand to help ease your mind. Good luck 🍀

May 16, 2017 12:14 AM

Thank you Goobette38 😊

May 16, 2017 6:33 AM

I had a total hysterectomy years ago. Before surgery my emotions were all over the map. Terrible pms! After surgery my emotions are absolutely the opposite. I wear an estrogen patch and I am soooo glad I had it.

May 16, 2017 9:37 AM

I had a total hysterectomy at age 29. I have never regretted it. Do yor research and talk to your doctor about what hormone replacement you would do best on. And like Goobette said - keep a list of questions and concerns you want to address before surgery. I have had Fibro since around 12 years old. This surgery didnt make it worse. One thing to keep in mind though is many who live with chronic pain take longer to heal. So dont push yourself afterwards. Pay attention to your body and rest when it tells you etc. Its been over 20 years since mine. (Yes I am that old.. lol) so not sure if procedure has changed. I had a small pillow i kept with me at first. So i culd hold it against my abdomen when I coughef or sneezed. It helped keep the pain down those first weeks. :)

May 16, 2017 9:49 AM

@ Frustrated . I'm the same way . I gave been so emotional .mostly want to cry a lot. My uterus is always hurting . I feel like I am drugged up on pain pills which makes me sleepy .

Thank you for your help 😊

May 16, 2017 9:56 AM

@Mimikay. I am 34 and everyone says I am too younge and that it will make me go into menapose faster. But I think I rather link then bleed for 20 days or more a month . Thank you for sharing your experience with me .

I read on line I'll be in the hospital for a few days so I wrote that down for my doc and I to talk about at my next appointment.

I appreciate everyone's input . Really helps me to relax a little. 🤗🤗

May 17, 2017 11:33 PM

Westrengirl are you having a total hysterectomy or just having your uterus removed?
As everyone has said if you're having a total hysterectomy then you need to discuss what hormone replacement you will need and what you should expect afterwards with regards to your bipolar.
Remember to take it easy and that being a chronic pain sufferer can make the healing process take longer so don't beat yourself up if you're not healing as quickly as you thought you would.
Be kind and patient with yourself
Sending you positive vibes and warm healing hugs xx

May 24, 2017 1:29 AM

Sezzy To my knowledge I am just having my uterus removed because a few years ago I got fixed and was told my ovaries looks good. But since then I had a few big cysts on my right ovarie. Hugs

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community