Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Teeth

Jan 06, 2016 11:03 PM

So in the last few years my teeth have gone to shit. I don't know of its the meds or my vitamin d deficiency but my teeth have gotten so bad. I didn't have dental insurance till last year and they told me that there is no saving my teeth and I'm going to need denchers. I knew deep down that it was prob going to be like this but honestly its still very upsetting I never thought at 22 I would need denchers. Has anyone else had side effects like this from meds.

Jan 07, 2016 7:58 AM

Rachel, I am sorry about your teeth. Yes you are correct, the disease processes, narcotics, nutritional deficiencies, poor oral hygiene increases tooth /gum disease.
WOW, I sound like my daughter in law, she is a hygienist.
I so completely understand how it feels, your self esteem is attached to your smiles in a lot of ways.
Let me be your big sister here, as I am much older, really I am your momma here (52 y/o)...
You do not have to carry this as shame, please don't. If you need dentures, that's okay! I personally know tons of people that have dentures or partials. My own sister got her uppers when she was 24 (y/o). You are beautiful, worthy, and so very much loved.
Remember, No Shame. Smile baby girl! Do what you need to do to increase gum health...continue oral care, mouthwash, and look into community agencies out there that can help you find a dentist that will work with you .Many dentist will work out payments etc. There is much hope and joy for your future! Love and Blessings, Terri

Jan 07, 2016 9:48 AM

Rachel93, yes I have that same problem. I am also old enough to be your Mother and want you to know that dentures are not anything to be ashamed of. I never had a cavity in my life. No fillings, root canals, etc.. Then around the age of 38 I started to have problems with tooth pain and they started to just break off at the gym line and fall out. The dentist took panoramic X-rays and said they were rotting from the inside out. By the age of 40, I had not one of my own teeth. Now, I brought pictures of myself to the dentist and with those and his expertise, I have dentures so natural looking that nobody can tell that they are not my own natural teeth. One advantage to them is that you can take them out to brush them and not miss any spots!! So, chin up, buttercup, all is going to be just fine. Sending you {{{Hugs}}} and prayers that you find an awesome dentist to help you get your smile back. (Believe me, when you get them, you'll smile a lot.. I know that I sure did!) 💕🙏🏻🌻

Jan 07, 2016 2:06 PM

Awful isn't it. My teeth are breaking and just today my fillings started falling out. I can't stand dentists and hate keeping my jaw open for long periods TMJ kicks in and the pain is excruciating. I've already got to have remainder of a tooth taken out by anasceptic cos it broke in half below gum when under sedation. I've got loads of gaps with no teeth so maybe dentures wld be the way to go.

Jan 07, 2016 3:32 PM

Thank you :) hopefully I can get insurance soon and get it done. And hopefully they will look normal I'd like to be able to smile in my wedding pics in Oct

Jan 07, 2016 9:13 PM

Rachel93, I'm also old enough to be your mom. My sisters both lost their teeth in their late 20-early 30's, so did my parents. My brother and I still have our teeth but I'm having issues with mine now, die to osteopenia, DDD/DJD & TMJD, as well as my newest dx of Sjogrens. My gums are receding faster and my teeth are separating. There's nothing I can do to stop it because of too many issues going on. We can't help what happens. But we can try and accept it, knowing the dentures are not what makes us who we are. Heck, I'm positive a set of dentures will give me a better smile and chewing ability. It's ok to have dentures young, many do but don't advertise it for fear of teasing. Its up to you to let others know or not. You're beautiful and will still be beautiful. (((Hugs))) & prayers! 😷🙏🌼

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community