Learn from patients with pain similar to yours

CatchMyPain Community and Pain Diary App to manage chronic illness

Therapy

Jan 24, 2017 1:05 PM

So I've been trying to get in to see someone to try to help me with coping and dealing with life. It's getting bad, I cried for hours after they told me I have to go on the 3 week training course with only a weeks notice.
I've contacted a few different people that I thought might be a good fit for me, only to be turned away when I mention that I need help coping with my chemical sensitivities and how to deal with the fact that other peoples personal products can make me sick.
No one seems to want to deal with someone who is chemically sensitive.
And im really needing help. Part of me was hoping something would go horribly wrong on the trip and I wouldn't survive.
Work has pulled me off the class and we have a meeting to discuss my behavior on Wednesday (my first day this week because i worked the weekend).
Sigh....

Jan 24, 2017 1:15 PM

I'm so sorry Gotobef! Please don't give up looking for help. And remember that you've still got us for support. I totally understand your chemical sensitivity, as I have it too. But thankfully mine is more geared to perfumes, air fresheners, and automobile chemicals. Or some cleansers. I do wish you didn't have to deal with it at work, because that's truly hard. Sending you hugs & love & prayers for positive results from your meeting & help! 🙂💕🙏🌸

Jan 24, 2017 3:01 PM

Gotobef they can't give you a weeks notice knowing what you're sensitivities are and how much you need to prepare. If they told you you was going to the one in march then you would of had time to prepare and have time to send out any extra equipment, bedding and towels, then you could have worked out where different stores are etc....
I would write all this down and bring it in to the meeting then depending on what they say you can tell them that you will go but they can't spring it on you on a weeks notice and that they are in breach of their special conditions as they know all this yet still insisted on you going then cancelling it at the last minute....there's no consistency and they're always springing things like this on you (that's how it seems).

I'm sorry if I'm talking out of turn regarding your work but I've had a work place do it to me and I had to complain to the head office for the managers to back off me (I was literally phoning them almost twice a week in tears).

I'm soo upset for you about getting help with your chemical sensitivities. Have you tried looking up help online or by phone? I know it's not the same as actually being and talking to someone but they might help at the moment while you search around your area some more.

I hope you get some reprieve soon so your not under soo much stress.

Sending you extra spoons and big gentle hugs xx

Jan 24, 2017 9:00 PM

Thanks for the support.
One therapist said she's willing to try to help me, but she can't guarantee her office is safe because other people do enter it.
I'll call her tomorrow to set up an appointment.
Hopefully she works out

Jan 24, 2017 11:54 PM

Gotobef, I'm sorry for what you're going through: I agree with what Flappsy and Sezzy told you. I think it's a shame that therapists turned you away for your chemical sensitivity. Thing is, had they given it ANY thought before dismissing you, they'd have realized that because of that, you're having difficulty coping with the bullshit that you have to endure. Sending you well wishes, gentle and supportive {{Hugs}} positive vibes.. And, remember, as Flappsy said, you have ALL of us to support you. Hope all goes well with your meetings.🤗💕

Ready to start relieving your pain?

Join Community